Model of Car:
    318Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Hope this is in the right section.. I want to remove the rear seats from my e46 318Ti in a bid to reduce some weight.
    Removing the spare, jack and tool kit, cd changer and housing relieved her of about 20kg and im hoping for another 40kg from taking the seats out making it about 60kg lighter in total. Trouble is i dont know what im doing! I thought taking off the bracket between the split would enable me to pull them out from the middle. This didnt appear to be the case.... Could someone give me a description on what to do please? Would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    bmwenthusiast's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 316 Ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5-Speed Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Pull the bottom part of the seat just by lifting the front edge. No screws, just a couple of clips that hold the bottom part in place.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwenthusiast For This Useful Post:

Compact Kid (30-11-2011)

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Compact Kid's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Thanks. i tried pulling the front of the bottom but i thought if i carried on pulling it id break it!! ill have another stab at it.
    There does appear to be some screws holding the backs in though. in the split of the seat there's a bracket with two torque screws holding in the bar at the bottom of the backs. This is the pivot point for the fold.
    i think the majority of the weight is in the backs. certainly hard enough to pull them up at full stretch lol
    Have you had the back fully out of yours? im interested to see how much of a difference it would make. i figured that as my car feels slower with an extra person in it it should feel faster with that extra weight out

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    bmwenthusiast's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 316 Ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5-Speed Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Compact Kid View Post
    Thanks. i tried pulling the front of the bottom but i thought if i carried on pulling it id break it!! ill have another stab at it.
    There does appear to be some screws holding the backs in though. in the split of the seat there's a bracket with two torque screws holding in the bar at the bottom of the backs. This is the pivot point for the fold.
    i think the majority of the weight is in the backs. certainly hard enough to pull them up at full stretch lol
    Have you had the back fully out of yours? im interested to see how much of a difference it would make. i figured that as my car feels slower with an extra person in it it should feel faster with that extra weight out

You have to pull hard. It won't break. There's no screws for the bottom part. You'll se the screws when bottom removed. I haven't fully removed the seats myself, because I need them.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Compact Kid's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Nice one enthusiast! Turns out i need mine in for next weekend so ill have to wait till the week after before attempting. Hopefully all goes smoothly id like to be able to put them back in if i need without too much hassle :s ill let you know how i get on