E46 325ti - Detailed (again) and black grills added (pic heavy) - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: E46 325ti - Detailed (again) and black grills added (pic heavy)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1.  
    #11
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    looking gooooood sam did you do the grills or buy them already black? think ide best get some wax on mine makes the paint pop
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to goughy For This Useful Post:

    sam_c (13-09-2010)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  4.  
    #12
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    sam_c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 102 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baderlfc View Post
    what reiger front splitter are you referring to sam??

    I fancied a front splitter on the 316 and still fancy one on this new car but i've never seen a nice for for a compact!
    This one - its not much, but I think it enhances he front of the standard car and makes it look a bit better. Compared to the Sport, the SE looks a bt weak.

    Rock - cheers mate, I like that pic as well.
     
     

  5.  
    #13
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    LBD81's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X6 X-drive 35d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2010
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe?
    LBD81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    looks lovely, black grilles are lush.
     
     

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to LBD81 For This Useful Post:

    sam_c (13-09-2010)

  7.  
    #14
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    sam_c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 102 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    looking gooooood sam did you do the grills or buy them already black? think ide best get some wax on mine makes the paint pop
    Cheers Goughy - I bought them off flea-bay for £29 plus postage. The finish is great, the only downside was that I had to modify one slightly by cutting a notch out of it so that the bonnet release would still work. Thet were a bit fidly to fit, but well worth it.

    If you're interested, it may be worth checking with the likes of C3BMW ro see if their grills have the notch etc. I would expect them to because they are a bit more expensive.

    As for the wax - definitely. The biggest difference I found was claying it; I couldn't believe the amount of dirt that it lifted. Its a slippery slope though, a simple wash and chamois no longer cuts it!
     
     

  8.  
    #15
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    Cheers Goughy - I bought them off flea-bay for £29 plus postage. The finish is great, the only downside was that I had to modify one slightly by cutting a notch out of it so that the bonnet release would still work. Thet were a bit fidly to fit, but well worth it.

    If you're interested, it may be worth checking with the likes of C3BMW ro see if their grills have the notch etc. I would expect them to because they are a bit more expensive.

    As for the wax - definitely. The biggest difference I found was claying it; I couldn't believe the amount of dirt that it lifted. Its a slippery slope though, a simple wash and chamois no longer cuts it!
    ime going to spray mine sam, as far as the claying the front of my car looks like its been shot by a shot gun lol although i love cleaning and polishing it it still depreses me when i look at the front so ime not sure its worth the clay treatment
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  9.  
    #16
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    sam_c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 102 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    ime going to spray mine sam, as far as the claying the front of my car looks like its been shot by a shot gun lol although i love cleaning and polishing it it still depreses me when i look at the front so ime not sure its worth the clay treatment
    My front bumper needs painting as well - the drivers side is particularly bad. The Compacts are pretty prone to stone chipping I think. If I keep it, I'll get it repainted in the new year after the winter. It has done 110k now, so can't really complain.

    I still clayed mine and it looks much better - especially the good paintwork!
     
     

  10.  
    #17
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    My front bumper needs painting as well - the drivers side is particularly bad. The Compacts are pretty prone to stone chipping I think. If I keep it, I'll get it repainted in the new year after the winter. It has done 110k now, so can't really complain.

    I still clayed mine and it looks much better - especially the good paintwork!
    mmmmmm might just have a go oh only 110k mine has done 172k but still going strong
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  11.  
    #18
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    BMW3Se's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    you boys gettin the paint jobs after 100k miles and ive just had mine done and its only literally just done 47k!

    im gettin my car back from the bodyshop tomorrow mate, deffinately gonna put some pictures up. but today gave me a great idea for something on my body. not sure if its been made or whatever.

    but i was thinking of a black and white carbon bmw front badge with a led back. ill make some designs and put them up. would look gorgeous on a black or silver compact!
    BMW £!^ti SE





    [[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]
     
     

  12.  
    #19
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baderlfc View Post
    what reiger front splitter are you referring to sam??

    I fancied a front splitter on the 316 and still fancy one on this new car but i've never seen a nice for for a compact!
    somthing like this would be good but from where?
    http://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmwsyndik...B0+e46+Compact
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  13.  
    #20
    Premium Member
    Car Details
    6891_seb's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    6891_seb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    4,131
    Thanks
    3,851
    Thanked 3,881 Times in 2,700 Posts
    Black grills very cool mate!!
    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    6891_seb Project Thread

    6891_seb Project Thread Blog

    * Discounted BMW OEM Parts Shop *
     
     

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to 6891_seb For This Useful Post:

    sam_c (13-09-2010)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts