BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E46 325ti - Detailed (again) and black grills added (pic heavy)

3K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  nick316ti 
#1 ·
I detailed my car (again) today - it had only been two weeks since it was clayed etc, but thought I'd wax it again. Car was washed with Megs Gold Class shampoo (Evo freebie still going strong), dried and them two coats of Nattys despite the weather trying to stop me. The second coat of wax seems to have made a reall difference. Tyres were dressed with Tyre Slik (cheap and lasts ages) and I used an AG vinyl dressing on all the black trim on the car.

The first coat of Natty's that I put on two weeks ago had lasted really well and was still beading well etc. I only applied two coats this time because I had the time to do so.

I also finally ftted my black grills - which I think really sets of the front end and makes the front look a lot better because it helps to break up all the silver. Here are some pics.

Cheers for looking

See less See more
#3 ·
Cheers mate. I wasn't aiming for any drama, just a few shots.

There was a guy on Pistonheads with a grey Alfa who took some pics of his car on a stormy day on the moors. Now that was dramatic.

When do you get your car back from the bodyshop?

#4 ·
Cheers mate. I wasn't aiming for any drama, just a few shots.

There was a guy on Pistonheads with a grey Alfa who took some pics of his car on a stormy day on the moors. Now that was dramatic.

When do you get your car back from the bodyshop?

#5 ·
looks very good sam!

have you considered facelift rear lights?? I think they'd look really nice on your car!

#6 ·
Cheers Bade - I have thought about it, but am sticking to cheap jobs until I make my mind up whether to keep it or change it for a 330 or even possibly a newer 325ti in sport trim.

If I do keep it I'll lower it, Powerflex all the bushes, add a Reiger front splitter and get the bit of paintwork it needs done. We'll see in March / April time.

#7 ·
Cheers Bade - I have thought about it, but am sticking to cheap jobs until I make my mind up whether to keep it or change it for a 330 or even possibly a newer 325ti in sport trim.

If I do keep it I'll lower it, Powerflex all the bushes, add a Reiger front splitter and get the bit of paintwork it needs done. We'll see in March / April time.

#10 ·
what reiger front splitter are you referring to sam??

I fancied a front splitter on the 316 and still fancy one on this new car but i've never seen a nice for for a compact!

#14 ·
Cheers Goughy - I bought them off flea-bay for £29 plus postage. The finish is great, the only downside was that I had to modify one slightly by cutting a notch out of it so that the bonnet release would still work. Thet were a bit fidly to fit, but well worth it.

If you're interested, it may be worth checking with the likes of C3BMW ro see if their grills have the notch etc. I would expect them to because they are a bit more expensive.

As for the wax - definitely. The biggest difference I found was claying it; I couldn't believe the amount of dirt that it lifted. Its a slippery slope though, a simple wash and chamois no longer cuts it! :thumbsup

#16 ·
ime going to spray mine sam, as far as the claying the front of my car looks like its been shot by a shot gun lol although i love cleaning and polishing it it still depreses me when i look at the front so ime not sure its worth the clay treatment:frown
My front bumper needs painting as well - the drivers side is particularly bad. The Compacts are pretty prone to stone chipping I think. If I keep it, I'll get it repainted in the new year after the winter. It has done 110k now, so can't really complain.

I still clayed mine and it looks much better - especially the good paintwork! :silly

#17 ·
My front bumper needs painting as well - the drivers side is particularly bad. The Compacts are pretty prone to stone chipping I think. If I keep it, I'll get it repainted in the new year after the winter. It has done 110k now, so can't really complain.

I still clayed mine and it looks much better - especially the good paintwork! :silly
mmmmmm might just have a go oh only 110k:hihi mine has done 172k :jaw-dropping but still going strong:thumbsup:silly

#18 ·
you boys gettin the paint jobs after 100k miles and ive just had mine done and its only literally just done 47k!

im gettin my car back from the bodyshop tomorrow mate, deffinately gonna put some pictures up. but today gave me a great idea for something on my body. not sure if its been made or whatever.

but i was thinking of a black and white carbon bmw front badge with a led back. ill make some designs and put them up. would look gorgeous on a black or silver compact!

#21 ·
#23 ·
No idea - they're £200 to buy. How much do you reckon a body shop would charge for painting and fitting it?

If I go down the route of keeping it, which is looking quite favourable at the mo because I don't really want a 330. I want an M3, but do too many miles in my current job. I work in construction and am quite young working on some pretty good projects so want to see them through. Once they're done, I will be getting a job closer to home and will tran it to work, therefore can justify an M3. It seems daft to fork out £9k or so on a car that I don't really want in the grand scheme of things. As great as 330's are, they're no M3.

In which case, I'll hang on to mine and sort it out. One of the jobs will be repainting the front bumper, so I would get the spliter painted at the same time, for hopefully not too much. I doubt fitting will be too hard.

I reckon my compact lowered, with dark alloys (black chrome or similar) and that splitter would lookk pretty damn good. Then I can save for my M3!

#25 ·
thats similar to the standard bmw aerodynamic front apron isn't it?? except more expensive..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.