whats your fav E36 colour?

• estoril blue

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • dakar yellow

Votes: 16 35.6%

E36 coupe - respray

19K views 55 replies 21 participants last post by  Mrs RYM 
#1 ·
hi, well once iv got my car looking the way i want and iv done a few more bits to it, i want to get it resprayed :cool
my question is what is everyones most favorite colour on the E36? im looking at either estoril blue or dakar yellow and i cant decide which i prefer :hihi
heres a picture of both, what does everyone think...

dakar yellow
View attachment 9308

estoril blue
View attachment 9309

#9 ·
It is one hell of an awesome colour:cool

that bottom one is abit ott for me, i like the standard look more, just my opinion tho :hihi

i would start a poll but i dont know all the colours the E36 come in :confused
You don't need to know all the colours mate;) You only listed Estoril Blue and Dakar Yellow:D

Look at it this way though, Dakar Yellow will stand out LOADS, it will be loved by the Ladies;););) AND it will not highlight as many imperfections as the Estoril blue will (stone chips etc)

A question for you now:hihi Are you going to get this done PROPERLY and have a FULL respray done? Including the engine bay:hyper

#28 ·
i have been to my mates garage (shed more like) :rofl
he said for a respray in any "standard colour" will be £1500ish depending how many dents he will have to fix as iv got 4 dents on the bonnet where a metal bar hit it whilst driving down the M20 :mad
and has tiny rust spot on the bottom of the drivers door and passenger rear arch so im thinking more like £2000 and iv managed to get him to do the door shuts and boot for that price, but seen people getting quotes for £3k...

im not having the engine bay sprayed as i can do this myself and wont need to take the engine out if im carefull (can just take the manifold off and mask the engine and steering rack etc) wasnt going to do this BUT after looking at it, its a matt finish anyway and to be fair it aint a good paint job under the bonnet so i rekon ill be able to get a better result than standard anyway :thumbsup

#29 ·
that colour is one of the best colours ever BUT thats going to cost alot... mind you im going to keep the car for years to come so if im going to do it, its got to be right :D

was looking at white with a blue pearl flip today, it looks lovely but theres only a few garages i trust to do it right

#39 ·
I like the idea of wrapping. But think If I wanted the whole car done the I would go for a re-spray! :) I do like wrapping if its for the roof/bonnet etc :cool:cool

PBMW this month has an article on car wrapping! ;)

#41 ·
Going against the grain here but a respray imo generally raises alarm bells when coming to sell and often decreases the value, which I think is worth considering when you do it.

Otherwise out of those two definitely the blue unless you dont mind people calling you a banana as you drive passed :rofl. But out of all colours I think I would go for a matt black!

#42 ·
iv been called alot worse mate :rofl
that is true but i doubt ill ever sell the car and also you can now pick up a E36 for nothing now anyway so not worried about that... i was thinking about matt black but not sure if i like it

#46 ·
Looks good mate :cool:cool Im messing round with the idea of getting my roof/bonnet wrapped black....but my TO BUY list is already to big so Im not putting it on there yet :hihi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.