BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E36 Compact 1.6i - xenon bulbs question

Tags
16i xenon
966 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Dez-Derek 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Its not to easy to view it on a pc as you've posted the mobile link, its the same old story, you get what you pay for, i have done the same and paid 9 quid for some bulbs, they are pretty good but i'm not expecting miracles in how long they last

#3 ·
Hmmm, how much K are those? I remember getting one of those for my e36 with the bulbs tinted blue like in the picture. It was 5000k. They won't blind other people, but it won't give you that xenon blue tint that you see on newer cars. Don't be fooled by the blue tinting on the bulbs. They are just like white light, instead of the yellow normal halogen bulbs. 6500K has a more noticed blue tint but, again not as blue as Xenons. I got rid of the 5000K ones and currently have the 6500K on my e36. It's much better!

#6 ·
Slightly. There is a slight difference between standard and 5000K bulbs. But there is a difference, alright! If I had to choose between the 5000K I had or the 6500K I currently have, I'd go for the 6500K, only because it has a more blue tint, and it seem more xenon compared to standard bulbs. As I've said before, 5000K is just white light, but because normal bulbs have a yellowish tint, you could say you'll stand out slightly more because it doesn't have that yellowish tint
I have attached a picture of the 5000K and 6500K (Sorry about the rubbish 2MP camera phone). The 1st one is 5000K and the 2nd one is 6500K. Fog lights are standard bulbs.
View attachment 23333
View attachment 23334

#9 ·
It's okay man! The 6500K one wasn't all that expensive. It was a similar price (about £1-£2 more) than the 5000K. Have you thought about adding LED number plate lights? I did that and it is awesome! :p I got a pic, if you want to see it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.