Model of Car:
    320i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    The paintwork is sort of half way towards a respray so covering it to preserve the underneath would be kinda pointless, plus to make and add the arches effectively they would need to be smoothed in.

I dont do half measures tho lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    badj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    been planning this alot, ordered some stuff to start making the arches.

I'm going to go for the method of modelling the arches onto the wings, and then making a mould from that. Hopefully I''ll be able to make up the front wings as replacement fibreglass items. possibly CF. the CF idea appeals more, as it will complement the matt black if I finish it to a duller weave pattern i.e. not like the conventional shine.

Depending on how well it goes I might look into doing the bonnet and possibly some other bits out of it too

BMW Master
    Car Details
    badj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    This is a pic from today, paintwork prepped a little, with fondmetal rims. each wheel extends out by an extra 40mm each side so I'll be looking to make the new arches around that size

BMW Master
    Car Details
    badj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Just an update, if anyone cares :d lol.

Been doing a bit over the last few weeks, started the arch extensions. Basic shape is made with blue foam and fibreglass tissue, then strengthening and even-ing out the shape of the wings with P40, and then a good skim of P38 to get the right shape and finish. Done a bit of the above to the front part of the wing to find the best way of doing the rest, all four arches are pretty much the right shape. Its getting there.

Arches are +50mm each side to accomodate the wheels, not going for big gay side skirts, just blending them in. After I get the arches somewhere near ready for the mould I'll be adapting some airflow ducts in to provide a bit of cooling and better wheel arch air flow. Not quite decided how im going to do the front and rear bumpers yet, got a few ideas.

In case anyones interested I've decided that a colour change is a gay idea and i'm going to stick with the red, I like the colour (plus i still have a bit of 2k left).

Also done a refurb of one of the wheels. The tyre wall is shot anyway so the overspray isnt an issue as it'll be getting a new tyre. Might use it as a spare cos its not as perfect a finish as I would like, just wanted to get an idea of what it would be like, and I like them.

Some might like this whole thing and some might hate it, but its something I wanted to do all of my own work on rather than buy any sort of homosexual max pooper kit (as none of them seem to suit the lines of the car..).

Its going to be M3 GTR-ish, but with my own lines and shape.

Any opinions welcome.

heres the pics, note that the arches aren't anywhere near the finish article, shape still needs building up.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    badj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Bit of an update, nearly finished the shape of the arches. Started to skim over the shape ready for taking moulds. I think its somewhere near the look of the arches I originally aimed for, but toned down slightly and my own touch added..

(p.s. I hate the 'crystal' indicators, if anyone wants them make an offer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12