BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e34 525 glue to outa door trim?

Tags
outa
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jjbbuzz 
#1 ·
Hi all my trim on the side door panel outside is a bit loose

is there any glue i could apply u could recommend?

cheers

iv spent a ton in the last couple of months geting the 525 the way i want it
like a woman high maintenance! lol kidding no offence to women here! :thumbsup

#2 ·
Taz if you mean the black trims along the doors i used superglue on mine couple of weeks back. The back passenger door mustve pulled the front one back when it was opened as i never noticed it happening at the time. Just glued it back down and used a pair of grips to hold it till it dried. Had to watch for the glue running down the door though.

Maybe you wont want to use superglue but i think its done the job fine mate:thumbsup

#4 ·
Bostik glue is quite good, but you'd be better visiting a scrappy some time & picking up a trim strip & some of the clips as well. It's easy enough to gently prise off the trim with a large flat blade screwdriver as it easily unclips, but the plastic clips are trickier to remove. You need to push through the small centre pin before pulling them off & the pin will fall inside the door so you need access to both sides. Worth picking up some as spares though next time you're scrappy hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.