325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beardmore View Post
    car looks good, nattys is very good for the money, done with waxing now as collinite should see it through for 6 months,i'm thinking of selling up tbh as i've had a go in a 540 m sport today and have fallen in love, time for a change

Hmmmmm 540 - ace! I have a family friend who has an old one, he's haad it since it was a few months old and it refuses to die, despite how hard it is driven! Its done north of 300k now with no issues aside from consumables! Still sounds good and has some grunt!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sam_c For This Useful Post:

mark beardmore (14-09-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    rockape's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Heres some pictures from a afternoons work last weekend, i applied dodo's lime prime lite, then blackhole, and finally topped with 2x coats of collinite 476s and its completley blown the dodo juice purple haze and supernatural out of the water
    Attachment 14716

Attachment 14717

Attachment 14718

Attachment 14719

Attachment 14720
    that looks the dogs
    i find it's the lp that really does the work in the gloss stakes. leaves the paint very slick. the wax adds that bit extra to the lp which is similar to a glaze.
    once i've used my purple haze, like you i was unimpressed with the finish,beading and the durability
    at the moment mine has one coat of fk1000p, and topped with one coat of megs 16" paste wax.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rockape For This Useful Post:

mark beardmore (14-09-2010)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    mark beardmore's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rockape View Post
    that looks the dogs
    i find it's the lp that really does the work in the gloss stakes. leaves the paint very slick. the wax adds that bit extra to the lp which is similar to a glaze.
    once i've used my purple haze, like you i was unimpressed with the finish,beading and the durability
    at the moment mine has one coat of fk1000p, and topped with one coat of megs 16" paste wax.
    going over the lp,with a proper dedicated glaze definatley work imo, the lp cleans the bh gives it the nice shine back ready for wax, the fk1000p and megs 16" are borh supposed to be really good products, not sure you need to use both though, but whatever works

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    kadvr6's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    540i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    car looks good, nattys is very good for the money, done with waxing now as collinite should see it through for 6 months,i'm thinking of selling up tbh as i've had a go in a 540 m sport today and have fallen in love, time for a change
    i currently have a 540i m sport and its the best car i have ever had, even better than my 1997 m3.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kadvr6 For This Useful Post:

mark beardmore (18-09-2010)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kadvr6 View Post
    i currently have a 540i m sport and its the best car i have ever had, even better than my 1997 m3.
    yeah its a must have once i sell my m3,so luxurious and fast, win win as far as i'm concerned

BMW Master
    Car Details
    sjflat's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    840 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I'm a fan of dodo juice but must admit that the hard waxes can be a bit of a pain and are prone to leaving holograms. I tend to favour poorboys machine applied stuff now although the girlfriend still uses purple haze on her car.

I think mine has been particularly troublesome because it's black so pretty much everytime I try to wax the car the paintwork is too hot. That's where poorboys is so good: same results regardless of temperature.

I do love dodojuice wheel cleaner / car shampoo / clay lube though. (not sure about the red mist tropical quick detailer though as that also seems to cause hologramming).

Steve
    Last edited by sjflat; 22-09-2010 at 12:50. Reason: sorry.. red mist detailer, not clay lube!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sjflat For This Useful Post:

mark beardmore (21-09-2010)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    m3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjflat View Post
    I'm a fan of dodo juice but must admit that the hard waxes can be a bit of a pain and are prone to leaving holograms. I tend to favour poorboys machine applied stuff now although the girlfriend still uses purple haze on her car.

I think mine has been particularly troublesome because it's black so pretty much everytime I try to wax the car the paintwork is too hot. That's where poorboys is so good: same results regardless of temperature.

I do love dodojuice wheel cleaner / car shampoo / clay lube though. (not sure about the red mist tropical clay lube though as that also seems to cause hologramming).

Steve
    thanks for the input but i'm afaid you're flogging a dead horse trying to convince me about dodo products, they just aint up to the hype plain and simple, application was the only issue i didn't have with the waxes but the finish was average at best purple haze would easily be outclassed by nattys blue or collinite, which are half the price, supernatural worked ok, but was still only a so so finish, again outclassed by a wax half its price and my current favorite vics concours

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    rockape's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    worth a read, you'll be as surprised as i was, when you see how 476 came out in the durability stakes.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...light=wax+test

Legendary BFuk Member +1
    Car Details
    gap141070's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    excellent report rockape..thanks for that..noticed collonite marque d"elegance came second..i will console myself that in a few other tests done elsewhere the only wax which came close too it was in fact collonite 476..the one i use..autoglym hd does definately come highly recomended in many magazines...i would normally wax every 3-6months..or depending on the beading quality after downpours..wax too much and the car clouds up resembling a candle

BMW Master
    Car Details
    sjflat's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    840 Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    thanks for the input but i'm afaid you're flogging a dead horse trying to convince me about dodo products, they just aint up to the hype plain and simple, application was the only issue i didn't have with the waxes but the finish was average at best purple haze would easily be outclassed by nattys blue or collinite, which are half the price, supernatural worked ok, but was still only a so so finish, again outclassed by a wax half its price and my current favorite vics concours
    Not trying to convince you, just saying what works for me.

I think what people use has a lot to do with how much effort they want to put in, the final finsh they're after (I'm thinking polymer vs carnauba here), whether they wax outside or inside and what colour/hardness of paint they have. Like I say, dodo wax doesn't really work for me but the girlfriend loves it.

Steve

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast