Dent Removal

Notices

Thread: Dent Removal

Reply to Thread
  1. Dent Removal 
    Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

I have a few really small dents in my car, They were there when i bought it and other than them, the body work is perfect. Anyone come across any tools for dent removal. They are literally tiny, and u only catch them in the light, but they still annoy me! i cam across an american site with a tool for removing them, Anyone have any other ideas?.
    just thought as they are small it might be cheaper to try something myself, instead of paying for a pro to do it.

Cheers, Chris.
    BMW e36 316i Compact - Morea Green Metallic 17" Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 Wheels white with 215/45/17 tires. Pipercross c/f backbox piping rerouted with powerflow stainless steel pipes. All lowers sprayed in white (side skirts, rear bumper, Front Bumper, grille surrounds), Sparco white/blue interior accessories (gear knob, gaiter, mats, seat belt pads), clear/black front projector indicators.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    HI Chris

Ive know of a friend of mine who used dry ice to remove several small parking (coin size) dents and it worked a treat.

Like this here

Dent removal

The only problem is getting dry ice in the UK...but Im sure a little hunting around will procure some (butchers maybe)

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    If that doesnt do the trick...I would suggest calling out Dentmasters and biting the bullet! (about £50 per dent or cheaper for several)

the kit needed to pull dents and paint etc will cost you more than dentmasters who will make a good job of it

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    Sometimes the guys who work for companies like the one stated above will do the work for cash.

You may be worth keeping your eyes out for them when they're out and about and have a word with the guy directly. I see loads all the time, It seems theres alot of companies doing this and smart repairs these days.

What colour is your car?

I personally would pay the man to do it... or practice on a couple of friends cars first LOL!!! Even better, buy the tool charge you friends a tenner and then use that to pay the man to do it ha ha RESULT!!!

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A20 RYM View Post
    Sometimes the guys who work for companies like the one stated above will do the work for cash.

You may be worth keeping your eyes out for them when they're out and about and have a word with the guy directly. I see loads all the time, It seems theres alot of companies doing this and smart repairs these days.

What colour is your car?

I personally would pay the man to do it... or practice on a couple of friends cars first LOL!!! Even better, buy the tool charge you friends a tenner and then use that to pay the man to do it ha ha RESULT!!!
    Your right about the cash jobs mate. Especially at the larger car shows where several dentmaster guys do the rounds on the club stands...

problem with buying the tools is that the kit costs several hundred pounds I think.
    and it doesnt come with the knowledge about how to use it correctly!!

As you say...try it on an a mates car first
    or even better than that..buy a couple of old panels for a few quid from a scrap yard and put a few little dings in...and practice with them until your competent

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    If you start with a couple of panels you can then venture further afield... like a boot bonnet and roof then before you know it you'll have a full blown project car on your hands... Mmm, sounds good:-)

BMW Crazed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A20 RYM View Post
    If you start with a couple of panels you can then venture further afield... like a boot bonnet and roof then before you know it you'll have a full blown project car on your hands... Mmm, sounds good:-)
    lol

sounds like a plan.
    dont think the GF will like another project car on the drive tho