BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Common Arch Rust :(

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  peanut 
#1 ·
I have 2 arches starting to show some rust coming through :( :( not too happy about it but want to tackle it before it gets worse.

Is there any particular way i can go about this without spending mega money??
Also how much did people spend if and when they had to have this done??

#4 ·
I'll be doing mine by sanding it back, repairing any major damage with filler, sanding it all smooth with increasingly fine grade paper. Then a couple of coats of primer, sand that back with 1200 grit paper, colour, sand, colour, wet sand, colour, wet sand, laquer x 2.

But then my car looks generally shit so it won't notice if it's not perfect.

Gaz

#8 ·
I can do wax oil clear kits, bit of shop-soiled damage..ie dented tins etc but had no complaints so far. these are the 2.5ltr jumbo sized kits that halfords sell for circa £40
can do a kit incl. spray lance etc for £17 plus £8 post..........................

#10 ·
Waxoyl is liquefied wax and you inject it into your doors and any other nooks and crannies that you see fit it repeals water and moisture and stops the body work from rusting from the inside out. for example when you get little bubbles of rust at the bottom of your doors or boot lid thats the moister gathering at the bottom of the cavity in the door the wax will stick to the inside of the panel. hope that helps explain it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.