Race's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback

Thanks
    Today I had booked in a 2004 Carbon Black BMW M3, the car suffered from the usual swirls and rds and also a nice bodyshop repair with lots of scratching under the clear.

I wanted the car for 2 days so I could take a bit more time as the usual hard BMW paintwork, but unfortunatly the owner couldn't spare the car as it was needed tomorrow so I had to work some magic in 1 day.

I arrived there this morning at 7:30 to be greated by a nice looking pretty clean car and some lovely dark grey clouds :doublesho

Firsty the wheels were soaked with some Bilberry and the tyres/arches with megs suger de-greaser, this was left for a few mins and then agitated with a selection of brushes and then rinsed.

Next up was some citrus degreaser applied to the lowers and left for a few mins then rinsed.

Next up apc applied to grill, badges handles etc and agitated with my swissvax style brushes then rinsed, the car was then foamed using a g101 mix to help strip any previous protection this was left to dwell for a few mins and then rinsed.

The car was then washed using some Zaino shampoo and a z sponge this was all done during a brief down poor glad I packed the waterproofs this morning....

The car was clayed using zaino clay

Before:

after: (it was pretty clean and not much contamination)

Next up another quick wash and then dry using miracle drying towel.

Then time to start machining, out came the Makita and a elite car care cutting pad and some menz ip and menz ff as today was a single stage correction due to the time.

Befores:

I didn't have time to take any pics during as It kept raining so was ducking in and out of the rain.

Once all the polishing was finished the car was given a rinse off to remove the excess dust etc, then dried again using the miracle.

The car was then given a IPA wipedown and then out with the swissvax best of show, this was applied to the whole car via a LC soft applicator pad, the wax was left to cure while I dressed the tyres with megs endurance and the exhausts were polished using megs nxt. the exterior plastics and wheels were sealed using zaino clear seal.

Then last theing was to buffed of the BOS and admire the finish, pretty It was so cloudy and couldn't get any decent after sun pics, but the owner who was delighted is going to email me some across when he gets chance to get some.

Time to enjoy the afters as I started to rain again:

a few brinkmann shots as a lack of sun:

and finally some arty shots:

Left there at just gone 7 so in total 11.5hrs start to finish which is pretty good going by any standards due to the hard paint.

Thanks to Andy if your reading and hoping be doing the wifes black Leon Cupra r sometime soon.

Thanks for reading all comments welcome as usual.

Paul

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Race For This Useful Post:

slammedm3 (22-06-2009)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    billy0090's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 316ti es
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback

Thanks
    verry impresive i must say, maybe a cheeky question but how much did/do u charge for a day valeting a vehicle ?
    do u belong to a national cleaing company?

BMW 316ti se, fully loaded

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    Excellent write up and even despite the weather still some really clear photos showing the before and after results

Keep up the good work

Legendary BFuk Member +1
    Car Details
    gap141070's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    looks excellent ma friend!!!i used the meguiars 3step system on mine..the results wernt to bad..made 5 or 6 passes on each panel and still had slight swirl marks!!!dont know how youse do it!!!well done.

Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    you guy never sise to amaze me, how the hell do you get that piant work looking that good, well done mate