BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

can i chrome my tailpipes on 330d sport

4K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  D-Sport 
#1 ·
hi

Im driving a 330d sport 2001:eek at mo. My qustions is i hate the exhaust pipes looking black and dull, can i buy some chrome tailpipes to put on these, they seem to bend downwards slightly so this is why im asking

thanks

#10 ·
I used Wonder Wheels on my exhaust tip to get it back to its new look.

The kit comes with a little brush and I guess its slightly acidic as after a bit of a session the black gunk all came off and it looks much improved.

#11 · (Edited)
Yep I agree with AS400, I used wonder wheels on my 320CD with great results, cuts through the black stuff and brings them back to life. If you really want it shiny then get yourself a pot of "Meguiars Nxt Generation Metal Polysh" as well as this finishes it off a treat.

P.S. Just to let you know that Wonder Wheels and Meguiars Nxt Generation Metal Polysh is available at Halfords on a 3 for 2 offer which applies to all cleaning products at the moment (Just stocked up :thumbsup) so buy them both and get yourself something else free! ;)

#14 ·
On my petrol pipes I use a steam cleaner with quite a small course brush attached. Appreciate it's not the same black stuff however. Also old fashioned crome cleaner (forget who makes it but it comes in a black and gold tube) works very well.

:wa

#16 ·
You can get genuine chrome tail pipes for the turned down exhaust, at least for a 320d. I got one from my local dealer just after I bought my sport last year. Easy to fit and looks great. I think it was about £20. Are the twin pipes on a 330d the same diameter as the single pipe on a 320d?

#18 ·
Exhaust Cleaned

Just cleaned my 2005 E46 320CD SPORT exhaust yesterday and thought I’d show the results that can be achieved using the following products:

Spray wonder wheels on the exhaust and leave for 5 minutes
Then spray a second coat and work in with a brush
Spray a third coat and leave for another 5 minutes before washing off
Work two coats of Meguiars Nxt Generation Metal Polysh in to the exhaust
Buff off the polysh and it should look something like the picture below.

I couldn't believe a 4 year old (diesel) exhaust would look so shiny! :jaw-dropping

P.S. Is there any update as to where D-Sport got his crome exhaust or the part number for it!?

#24 ·
An update on the chrome exhaust tip - I just happened to be looking through some old papers and I found my receipt with the part code on it. The code is

B82.12.9.410.932

Hope this helps!! I'll still try and get a photo up this weekend though...

Reactions: SlowTech
#30 ·
Ok, here are the pictures, apologies for the cleanliness of the car!!!

Reactions: SlowTech
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.