BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW M style side mouldings... Do they fit???

40K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  STG8961 
#1 ·
Welcome forum members, I have recently been discussing this subject with another forum member via PM.

It may be of interest to others so I just thought i'd start a thread to see if it helps.

A fellow forum member was advised by BMW parts department that the M3 style side mouldings probably wouldn't fit a standard E36 that comes with the slim mouldings.

My car came with the slim ones and I successfully replaced them for the M style ones.

Ordinarily you would expect BMW to know everything about the cars that they manufacture and sell. This is never the case... BMW were absolutely no use to myself when I carried out my transplant.

This is because when they do a search they will only view parts that fit your vehicle. They are not interested in helping you fit parts from other models.

I am going to post a couple of pictures that will help show that these items do fit.

#2 · (Edited)
Here goes guys... the rain has stopped so I took a couple of quick pics.

As you can see the door moulding is wider than the recess on the door panel

The piece of masking tape is supposed to prevent the horrible little eight legged blood suckers from getting in. Spiders... I hate them. I had a massive one crawl out of the dash and drop into my lap whilst I was just entering a roundabout with a bit of "steer with the rear" in mind.

Never did find that monster... he was freaking moo-hass-ive:jaw-dropping

Here you can see which part of the moulding sits into the recess.

Here are mouldings with the clips with grommets fitted. These just push into the holes that are situated in the door panel recess.

PROOF THAT M-TECH MOULDINGS WILL FIT:thumbsup

#25 ·
i have m mouldings on my 325 and they obviously come off pretty easily as some little sh*t nicked my n/s/r moulding and the clips luckily got another off ebay for £5 just need the clips now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.