Bmw E36 indicator bulbs

Notices

Thread: Bmw E36 indicator bulbs

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bmw E36 indicator bulbs 
    robs e36
    Hi im thinking of going all black like this

But how on earth do i get bulbs that will shine through them?

I got some chrome indicator bulbs and cant see them when the indicator is as dark as that

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Wanda's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i Vert
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    I'm sure on ebay there are some SMD LED indicators can shine through the black, knowing that OEM bulbs are designed to shine through yellow only. (I have not tried the LED's that since my car is not black.)

I think someone with LED indicators might add some light on this thread.

robs e36
    yeah i was looking at smd bulbs but as far as im aware they only do white

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,212 Posts
    Hmmmm Rob tinting lights is banned under the future mot laws in effect from April

Ronnie will advise better but everyone with tinted front/rear lights get ready for a world of pain

robs e36
    my cars screwed then

robs e36
    iv got tinted rear lights, tinted indicators and tinted windows

robs e36
    mot's are shite anyway int they i mean iv never been stopped for my lights because well as you know andy you can still see the lights working through them fine, so if the police aint bothered why are the mot people? Surely the only reason of an mot is to test if your cars structurally sound not if you have got a bit of tint on the lights or not.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,212 Posts
    The UK's mot laws are going to be well strict from now on and it will be open season for the police now so best to sort it all out now really and comply with the law

I wanted hids badly but can't anymore

Window tints on the whole people have them too dark anyway so bordering on dangerous with visability at night so it was only a matter of time.

Lowering part is worrying as is remaps etc.

Ronnie mot thread is going to be invaluable to people on here

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Wanda's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i Vert
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robs e36 View Post
    yeah i was looking at smd bulbs but as far as im aware they only do white
    That's not too good, but i'm sure there IS a set of yellow set of LED indicator lights (I hope). Sometimes eBay makes us browse a lot of pages just to get what we need.

@Spirit, thanks for warning me about MOT law changes. I actually think the new laws are so pointless, there's actually no benefit of it apart from the fuzz enjoying giving us a hard time to the point our cars become "another-stock-looking-car" .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda For This Useful Post:

Spirit (19-01-2012)

robs e36
    they will never be allowed to stop window tints on the rear of the car because its no different to having a small van.

Hids have never really bothered me and neither have lowering the car, The lower it is the more likely you are to f**k it up.

Im not interested in what the new laws are mate im just saying its a load of shite anyway init like i said the main purpose of the mot is surely to test if the car/van/truck is structurally sound and not falling apart so it shouldnt matter what else you do to it. Its not going to stop anyone either at the end of the day look around you next time your out driving and how many people you see with tinted front windows, all they do is remove them for the mot and then when they get home put um back on the car, Iv done it when i had my astra my number plates werent road legal so i put the standard ones on for the mot and when it passed i went back home and put the old number plates on, same as my bmw i took my sunstrip off for the mot and when it passed i went and got another put on. So no matter how strict the mot it will never stop anyone, If you wanted hid kits all you would do is have 2 sets of headlights one with hids in and the other with standard lights in and just swap them over for the mot. The police cannot do anything either because they are not sure on the laws on hid kits themselfs and there the police, Iv asked 3 different policemen so far about hids and all 3 of them have said to be honest we are unsure of the laws on hids ourselfs, so if anyone gets stopped at the moment for hids they cannot get done because its still a grey area. Also with the tints they cannot ban rear window tints because even new cars are coming out with tinted rear windows now adays its an added security feature, Keeps the interior cool in the summer and stops people seeing whats in your car when its left unattended so they are less likely to break in if they cannot see what they are breaking in for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast