BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW E21 323i- detail.

9K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Kevin Whittaker 
#1 ·
Had the pleasure of working on this 30 year old E21 323i with genuine Alpina extras and mods under the bonnet.
These cars hold fond memories of when I was first driving, I was lucky enough to own a E30 323i coupe in my early twenty's but always craved one of the E21 323i varietys.
Having been in possesion of the current owner for the past 11 years and being a labour of love, it was now time to get her looking a little less jaded.
Not one of my more extensive write-ups due to time constraints, but hope the finished item is worthy.

Alloys cleaned with various brushes and Megs WB at 10-1, Tyres cleaned with APC,

Engine bay and shuts cleaned with Megs APC,
Vehicle foamed x2 with APC and shampoo mix,

Washed in the usual manner using the TBM and Shampoo+,
Clayed and de-tarred,

General defects, also a nice retro touch with the original supplying dealer sticker.

1st stage of machining was done using various polishes including GT P1, IP 3.02 and Fastcut+, and a hell of a lot of cutting pads due to the colour transfer,

50/50,

Refinement stage was done using SV CF Pro on a Megs polishing pad,
Front indicators and rear lenses polished using 203s on a spot pad,
Chrome trim polished using Autosol,
Plastic trim dressed with CG new look gel,
Tyres dressed with Z-16,
Glass cleaned using SV Crystal,
Wax applied SV Best of Show,
A final wipedown with Z-8 and finished.

New headlights and tailpipe trims are on order from Germany and Alpina stripes yet to be applied, also lower seal to be re-painted black at a later date, all in all a gorgeous example of a rare and collectable classic.

Results.

Thanks for looking, will update later when I've been back to do the interior tomorrow.:thumbsup

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.