BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW BBS cross spoke comp.II 42 split rim dismantling

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  touringking 
#1 ·
Hi all, ive recently aquired a set of what i believe to be BMW BBS cross spoke comp.II 42 split rims from a Z3 to fit on my e36 328I convertible. i understand that i may need to roll my rear arches more to make them fit, but upon test fitting the rims i notice they squeak alot as the car rolls.

Part numbers are 1094373 7.5J ET41 front / 1094374 8.5J ET41 rear

Alloy wheel Tire Spoke Rim Wheel
Wheel Alloy wheel Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system

I assumed this problem is likely to be loose rim bolts. The wheels are 7.5J / 8.5J staggered fit and i assume someone has had a go at refurbing them as two wheels have had the centres mixed up.

so ive decided to separate all the wheels and reseat the centres and re-torque up all the rim bolts, but heres the problem...

ive got all 19 bolts out of the first rim but cant separate the centre, i understand they may be bonded.

Can anyone give me any insight into the best method of separating them as ive suddenly become a wuss and im affraid of hurting them. lol :confused

also if they are bonded i assume ill have to rebond them using something, any suggestions on what to use?

See less See more
#5 ·
i broke down a set of 42's the other week they shouldn't be bonded together theres no point because there only 2 piece rims! i used abit of wood on the inside of the hub and hit it with a lump hammer they come apart after a couple of hits!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.