Model of Car:
    735is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Had the car for 4 weeks now and think its time to try and nock some of the miles off the paintwork and make it look a little better.
    I have never done anything like this before and am one of the types of people that think a quick wash and dry is a full on clean.
    So the plan is to do a full detail inside and out over the nest 3 days and then I might try and keep it a little bit cleaner that its been for a few years I suspect.

Well first I needed a few things to make this happen so after 2h of driving round getting everything, I had my collection.

From left to right

Meguiars Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel
    Cheap sponge
    Mer Polish
    Meguiars Soft Wash Gel
    Meguiars Buckets with Grit gards
    Meguiars Carpet
    Meguiars lambs wool mit
    Meguiars Hot rims Wheel cleaner
    Hallfords Polishing cloth role
    Meguiars Gold Leather cleaner
    Meguiars Terry Towel
    Meguiars Clay kit
    Meguiars Applicator pads
    Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
    Meguiars NXT Glass cleaner
    Meguiars Ultimate QK Detail
    Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
    Meguiars Hot Shine (tyers)
    Halfords Brushes (for wheels)

So I start off by doing the outside of all the wheels then I give the hole car a quick rinse.

then I use the 2 bucket way with 6 cap fulls of the Soft Wash Gel in the main bucket

Working from top to bottom and trying to keep the car wet at all times (was still hot at this stage and did not want it to dry out)
    after that was done I gave it a good old rinse and then dried with the Drying Towel

After that i had a quick look round for scratches and the like (there's loads)

So after that I started with the Clay kit, I had never used it before and was a bit aprihencive about it as I had just spent 3h cleaning the car already I did not think there was anything left to clean off, o how I was wrong.

Anyway a little later on (4.5h lol) I had done with the clay and it was time to start with the scratch remover but as it was getting on in the day I just started on the boot.
    I started with the mer just to see how it got on with all the scratches and stuff.

Well it was OK but did not really tutch the scratches so tried the Scratch X but that did not seem to do anything ether so had to pull out the dreaded Black T-Cut :(
    so I gave it a good going over with that and it did come out a little better but there's still a few scratches left over so might have to give it another going over in the morning.

Still a lot to do yet but not bad for the 1st day (I have much to learn)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tappits For This Useful Post:

RAWBMW (02-08-2009)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Tappits's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    735is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Well on to day 2 of my 1st ever real car clean,

Started off by getting rid of the scratches round the door handles with the scratch X and I do have to say it worked very well on these light scratches in these areas but was no good for the real deep ones that are on the car.

Then I used Black T-cut on the hole car :( which ended up takeing 3h to apply and remove a panel at a time.

I do have to say it came up after this stage looking quite nice.

Then is was time for the polish, was putting it on leaving it for 10mins then taking it off this thankfully did not take 3h but was still time consuming.

Then I gave it a quick going over with the cleaner to get rid of any leftovers from the last 14h and then got on with waxing it which I did in one go all over the car then started removing it, did not get any pics of this bit tho.

After that I gave the tyres a quick going over and the glass a clean and then I set out to take some pics of it (some were nice) before it got messed up again.

BUT!!!
    I had a little accident :(

So on the way home I had to find an emergency jet wash and sort the problem out and with the aid of the Ultimate QK Detail and one of the Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel it was like new again.

Now today I was going to finish off the out side and do the inside but I have totally messed up my arm (its in a sling :( )and I cannot move it prob down to the fact I spent a combined 16h over a 36h period applying cleaning product to my 16ftx6ft car by hand (one hand)and now I am in lots of pain.
    So today's plan is to have a nice easy day (might just vac it out) and going to order a G220 so I don't get in a mess like I am now + save loads of time nest weekend.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tappits For This Useful Post:

RAWBMW (02-08-2009)

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Done a great job mate

Sod's law about the accident after all that work though! I always get bird poo all over the car after a couple of days.