BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

bmw 525i detailed with Collinite 476s, first time

Tags
476s
3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  steve_nurburgring 
#1 ·
after getting my hands on this super wax i thought i would apply 2 coats and see what all the fuss is about.
washed the car with megs gold class shampoo, then dried with a microfibre.
applied the wax one panel at a time leaving it 5 mins before buffing off.
once the whole car was done, rinsed off all the white dust from the wax deposits and dried with a microfibre.
the results are amazing, its brought out the colour and shine, the beading is also very impressive, chucked a pint of water on the bonnet and it just rolled off, leaving the paintwork totaly dry :jaw-dropping
also did the wheels, they shine now and i supose the dirt/brake dust wont stick as much.

See less See more
#7 ·
It's always best to give two coats of anything just incase you've maybe missed a bit. If you're getting dust with Colly or any other wax for that matter it means you're applying it too thickly. Remember a little goes a long way and apply as thinnly as you can and it will help to do away with dusting. It also helps if you apply it with a damp applicator. I hope this helps in future.
Colly does not respond well to being left on the paint pefore buffing. Five minutes is about right.

The bimmer looks great BTW:lo:thumbsup

#9 ·
If using colly I use a sponge type applicator pad. Run it under a tap and wring it out. Swipe the pad over the wax and apply to the paint spreading as far as you possible can. You're aiming to apply as thinly as you can. Wait around five minutes ( you could apply to the next panel during this time) then buff off with a clean microfibre cloth.

When waxing cars it's always a good idea to clay it first which removes bonded contaminates from the paint surface, thus leaving a perfect smooth paint surface on which to apply your wax or sealant.:thumbsup

#10 ·
Steve - you've sold it to me mate! Looks fantastic! Im defo going to buy some of that stuff :cool:cool:cool

Supid question maybe - when applying 2 coats (2nd after 24hrs) do you give the car a quick shampoo wash to get rid of any crap from the air that has settled??

Thanks in advance...:thumbsup

#12 ·
Its great stuff. I used 476 first about 12 months ago and have now got 915. To be honest its difficult to see the difference as you could be excused for thinking its the same stuff in a different wrapper!. One thing that will strike you is how long it lasts still beading after months.See pic.

#14 ·
One thing worth mentioning I think guys. To get that really nice wet look it pays to clay the paint to get rid of the old wax and prepare a smooth surface, then apply a glaze, something like Chemical Guys EZ for light colours and Poorboys Black hole for darks. Follow this up with 2 coats of Colly 476 or 915 for a great shine and lasting protection.:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.