BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Black grill on Topaz blue 330d sport

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  DSK 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first thread and i would like your opinion on grills and wheels. Firstly, the kidney grill, painted black, how do you think it will look on dark metallic blue?. Secondly, the wheels need to be refurbed anyway, they are MV1s, and wondered about a different colour, maybe a graphite grey or even black gloss or satin. I have seen a few variations on these mods but not on Topaz blue, have any of you guys got any photos of either of the above.
Many thanks

#2 ·
my cars topaz blue and i wouldnt even consider painting the grill black, i dont think it'd go well with the blue colour of the car.. this is just my opinion of course im sure many would disagree.

as far as the wheels go, theres an e46 coupe near me that ive seen around which is topaz blue and has anthracite mv2's which look stunning!!

google anthracite alloys, similar to graphite, absolutely stunning on topaz blue i think! and thats what im going to be doing when i get around to getting my wheels refurbed! :D

heres a nice set of non-bmw alloys in anthracite:

http://www.alloywheels.com/uploads/images_products_large/1204.jpg

Reactions: oddbod
#6 ·
I am sure that someone on here recently did black grilles on a blue car, though I dont remember seeing any pics. Found these after a quick search just as they seem like obvious comparison to what most see as a good grille colour

#8 ·
I've a few BMW's E36's and E46 in a range of colours and everyone with a blacked out grill looks like a chav mobile.

The standard grill is more elegant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.