Year of Manufacture:
    1997/P - 1996/N
    Transmission Type:
    Manual / Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe / Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleammachine View Post
    These machine's are never going to correct defects to any degree, you would be better of working the polish by hand, at best they will add a little gloss.
    For defect removal invest in a proper Dual Action polisher or Rotary, combined with the correct pads and polishes you will see a far bigger improvement, the polishing head needs to progressively generate a little heat to brake down the micro abrasives in the polishes and level of the swirls and random scratches.
    Whist I agree a professional dual action polisher is always the best, the original poster seems fairly new to this and its didn't sound like he wanted to spend ££££ on a polishing machine, hence the recommendation for the 240V units which I have used for years and been happy with for what they can do for the money.
    Let the fun times roll .....

BMW 328i Coupe - Boge M-Tech Shocks, Boge Turbo Lowering Spring Kit (30/20mm), ATE Power Discs
    Volvo C70 T5 GT
    UK Spec Toyota Supra 3.0ltr Twin Turbo Automatic
    ZX6R J1 Ninja

Tyre Guide & FAQ http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...re-faqs-t1569/

BFUK weekday crew

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Gleammachine's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny @ Pure Detail View Post
    True would take longer to layer up but the finish would be a lot better. I wouldn't use it as a LSP as the the durability isn't great so a wax would definitely add to this.
    Z-5 is purely a LSP, when combined with ZFX it allows you to layer one after the other without having to wait, thus creating a protective durable finish, it uses an american terminology calling itself a polish but it is a pure sealant, I've had 6-12 months durability from this on customers cars without the need for a wax to top of with.
    You would need the AIO (all in one) or pc-fusion to prep and cleanse the panel first, then top of with either Z-2 or Z-5.

Quote Originally Posted by DSK View Post
    Whist I agree a professional dual action polisher is always the best, the original poster seems fairly new to this and its didn't sound like he wanted to spend ££££ on a polishing machine, hence the recommendation for the 240V units which I have used for years and been happy with for what they can do for the money.
    Fair play, I've tried the polisher you mentioned and didn't rate it to much effect, but if it works for you then fair enough.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Jonny @ Pure Detail's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Golf mk1 20vt
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Man
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleammachine View Post
    Z-5 is purely a LSP, when combined with ZFX it allows you to layer one after the other without having to wait, thus creating a protective durable finish, it uses an american terminology calling itself a polish but it is a pure sealant, I've had 6-12 months durability from this on customers cars without the need for a wax to top of with.
    You would need the AIO (all in one) or pc-fusion to prep and cleanse the panel first, then top of with either Z-2 or Z-5.

Never had anything like 12 months protection from it...
    Agreed its not a polish as the name claims, but will still fill lighter swirls leaving a better finish then SRP. SRP may be a heavier polish and fill faster, but not to the same finish.

Hardly answering the original question here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123