Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza316i View Post
    wow now thats a shine
    do you machine polish or do you do it by hand
    I've had a go at a two step machine polish (dual action) once. Since then, I've only ever used fillers/glosses (like Poorboys Black Hole) and a couple of times using Autoglym Deep Shine "polish". BTW, in my opinion despite AG calling it a polish it's not, it's a filler! :p

I would like to try machine polishing again but it does take minimum of two days with good weather. I'm going to have to wait until the summer to try again as it's constantly raining and gf keeps moaning to stop spending time on my car, hee hee.

I recommend you try one of two "LSP"s (Last Stage Protection)- Either HD wax, as per shoshinsha's suggestion above, or FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant. The FK sealant gives a completely different finish to the wax. The wax gives a nice deep dark reflection (where the paint seems to go on and on), whereas the FK sealant gives a glassy effect, as per my pics above. I used to like the deep colour effect that HD wax gives but now I prefer the glassy reflective effect of FK. Both provide amazing weatherproofing and are quite durable.

Let me know if you go for the FK as there's a special technique needed to apply and buff off.

Johann
    Eibach Sportline springs, Powerflex bushes, 8.5/9.5 19" Matt black VMR V710s 235/265, Carbon fibre badges, 35% tint all around, black front grille, lamin-x tint film on front and rear lights, 55W 7.5k HIDs, Orion V2 halo LED angel eyes, smoked side markers, keyhole delete, K&N panel filter, private plate, bwchiptune ecu remap.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jrfty For This Useful Post:

dazza316i (18-08-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12