BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Anyone looking for a cheap machine polisher?

Tags
polisher
9K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  matthewe36 
#1 ·
After having a DA polisher, and subsequently lending it to a 'friend' who i then fell out with, and he sold it for £13 :mad I have been on the look out for a cheap replacement...When i stumbled upon this on ebay :thumbsup

Looks good quality, and the maker (tectake) seems a very reputable german manufacturer. I cant realy give any comments on the quality yet, but for £50, even if the sponges and pads are shite, its a good price for a rotary polisher.
I paid yesterday afternoon, and it was dispatched this morning. The seller has good communication, and seems a top bloke:thumbsup

Im now just going to have to wait for a my parcel to arrive...And then some good weather:hihi

(sorry if its in the wrong section, mods, but figured more people would see it in here:thumbsup feel free to move if its not suitable:) )

#3 ·
Yeah, its what i figured. Not alot to loose realy, like i say, £50 for just the polisher is good, but with pads being about £10 each, the price soon rises when you buy them seperate:thumbsup so included it makes for a good deal.

Shall have to wait and see :D

#4 ·
Put it this way, It cost me a further £44 for 3 bottles of different grade polishes and a bottle of sealant, from the web store where i buy my car cleaning gear usualy... and thats with my £9 discount because i bough my original polisher from them and got 300 points!

#7 ·
Sonus SFX 4 stage system:thumbsup Its what i had with my last polisher, good stuff, and wont break the bank.

Stage 1 removes scratches and oxidation, but leaves swirls (basicaly a fine rubbing compound)
Stage 2 is a swirl remover
Stage 3 is a fine sheen polish
Stage 4 is a paint sealant

Has worked out well, as i have just recieved my order of touch-up paint for the 2 scratches and 100's of stone chips, so when this rain :mad stops, i'll be painting them, then they can be flatted and compounded back, then when the polisher arrives, it'll all look perfect :D

#8 ·
Did look at them, theres a UK seller, but he only supplys a mop and 3 foam pads, Which is ok if your not too fussy, but i like to have 2/3 different pads for each stage(roof and bonnet, sides, lower sections..yes i have severe OCD :hihi ) and you cant garuntee that each one will be suitable for each stage, so getting a bigger collection like with the one i have ordered is a better bet:thumbsup

#10 ·
Well, it all arrived this morning :D

Took just as long for a package to get from Harrogate to me, as it did for one to get from Frankfurt to here!:rofl

1 big box:

8 polishing sponges, medium density. 3 180mm, 5 150mm

3 150mm lambswool mops, 3 150mm hard density patern sponges

Other bits...1 lambswool washmit, 2 microfibres, 1 bug clearing wash sponge and a bottle of 'MacBrite polish'...€59 a bottle :eek (not going to use it though..) there was also a squeege thing..buts its going no-where near my car :hihi

3 backing plates, 125mm, 150mm, 180mm...and 1 180mm lambswool mop

THE POLISHER! Seems very good quality, well balanced :D

AND...my other delivery of Sonus 1-4 stage polish and sealant..and a super fluffy microfibre.. This lot cost nearly as much as everything above!

Now i just need some good weather :lol

Overall, very happy :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.