BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Anyone fitted Umnitza Angel eyes?

6K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  jenny123 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Joe i noticed you have fitted some ccfl's to your e36
how was the wiring them? have the lasted long, i read a few threads saying they dont last too long

i just found some 8000k ccfl's on the net, might give these a go as they are £100 less than the umnitzas lol
http://www.maxautos.co.uk/product_p/e36e46m3.htm

#3 ·
#7 ·
I have the CCFL's fitted (8000k) and they are ALWAYS on ;) bit of soldering to do, but in part, easy fitment (E36) and look the biz.

As for not lasing long?? Mine have been on daily for 6 month without fail, but the site you linked to sells replacement rings for £8.. so not bad IF they fail.

#9 ·
The 8000k are VERY BRIGHT :) certainly get noticed in the daylight :) i love them so much, they get turned on before the ignition!!

I have heard they use alot of battery power tho, so it may be worth topping up if you intend to use them on short journeys (like me!)

#13 ·
oh i see what you mean, yes i relise that they replace the side lights
thats the only thing that worries me, with the wiring do you have to cut into the exsiting looom and crim it in?

Take a pic of the top of the headlights with the bonnet open and post it up :thumbsup
i will take a pic later todau thanks :)

#14 ·
With mine, you basically pop out the existing sidelight bulb (the smallest bulb) cut the wires and solder the inverters into that existing loom. (Im no expert, just speaking from experience!)

Its not that difficult to be honest. Just make sure your ignition is off when you start chopping wires!!!!

I did this and shorted many upon many of bulbs, fuses etc, which obviously created more work lol!! :)

I will say tho, the instructions i got with mine were crap, not stating the need for soldering.

These are the ones i have http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-ANGEL-EYE...arParts_SM&hash=item3cade7dfe9#ht_7886wt_1137

Pretty sure mine are 8000k, but gives you an idea.

Also http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-Angel...CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa22b1de5#ht_500wt_1154 might be worth watching.

Good luck!!

#17 ·
I bought my angel eyes from Max Autos and they have been great. Easy to install as long as you are careful. (VERY CAREFUL)
Good company to deal with, an ring was bust when it arrived. Replacement came next day. ( I then broke one, that arrive the day after)
Love them to bits.

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
are the umnitza a full headlight unit as £143 quid seems quite alot as you can pick em up from maxautos.co.uk for £30 quids ... i bought mine from there and as mentioned they are great to deal with... eventhough they are just CCFL ring kit they are not very difficult to fit... as im a woman and i managed to fit them on my M3 e36 and only took a couple of hours :silly

i will post some pics of my car later...

also maxautos send a PDF document if you ask them which makes installation much easier...

the e36 headlight is not a sealed unit and just pulls apart just like the e46 headlamp

jen.
hi jen,

143 is just for the angel eyes, i know that max autos were only £30 but after thinking about it i have decided to go for the umnitza LED angel eyes
i will post up some pics when ive got them in :)

unfortunatly my e46 is a facelfit and the lights are indeed sealed so i will have to get them open first :(

#31 ·
ello!

cant belive that you forked out that much just for the rings lolz

i was going to go for the LEDS ones myself but too many people said that the LEDS fuse after a while and leave a gap in the ring... so thats why i chose the CCFL ones!

also you can use a heatgun or a hair dryer to soften the seal around your headlamp and they should just pull apart.

check my picture out...

View attachment 12313

:cool

#33 ·
im very impulsive lol i hope they dont fuse together

i emailed max autos and umnitza about the life of the rings and the ballasts

umnitza said they will out last the car if they are used constantly

and max autos said 4 months if you use them alot lol

nice they look good :) i will post up a pic when ive got them in they should be here tomorrow i can do them saturday

Sorry for the delay, work is mad right now!
So, no soldering, I used those blue piggyback things that you squeeze together with pliers.
I too have projectors, they fitted fine and have stayed put too which is useful !
BUT, I have the non-facelist lights, so can't comment on your units.
ahh yea they are good them blue things, nice sounds pretty simples

#32 ·
Ha i was looking at the one from max autos

so how how easy was the wiring? were there plugs? or did you have to solder?
Sorry for the delay, work is mad right now!
So, no soldering, I used those blue piggyback things that you squeeze together with pliers.
I too have projectors, they fitted fine and have stayed put too which is useful !
BUT, I have the non-facelist lights, so can't comment on your units.

#34 ·
i will not forget,

im planning to wire the as daytime running lights so they willl be on all the time,

and im also gonna wire in the fade on/ off so when i unlock the car they come on with the interior lights and when you lock it they go off with lights :)

#35 ·
Ok every body i have just finsihed installing my Umnitza LED angel eyes

Wow the are very bright!!! i have taken some photos that i have attached but taking a photo from the front and side you just get glare,

they took about 3 hours to install, my head lights were sealed, i tryed using the hairdryer then moved on to the heat gun they came apart relativly easily

The umnitza angel eyes are driven by a relay, and are connected directly to the positive on the battey and a ground. you get two trigger wires one you run into the cabin and connect to your courtesy lights (the eyes come on when you unlock and off when you lock) the other trigure is wired into your side lights or if you want to run them as 'daytime running lights' you wire them in to a switched live. so these eyes arnt wired into the headlight loom at all so cannot bring up any errors

let me know what you guys think,
oh and there is a pic of my LED number plate lights to finish off couldnt leave the back out lol

im gonna write a diy with install pics so every one can see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.