BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Amazing Wheel Cleaner and restorer

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Unknownsoldier 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know I bang on about this company a bit but I went to the Top Gear show at the NEC at the weekend and bought some "RESTORE" Wheel cleaner and restorer. They were doing demos on the stand, it looked good so i got some. I tried it last night and it was superb. I just put it on with a paint brush waited...aggitated after about 15 mins then rinsed it off. The results were amazing, No streaks No stains it even got all the corrosion out from the holes where the wheel nuts go, like new I promise.

#5 ·
I asked the guy who was on the stand demonstrating and he said they are not Nanotech, cos I thought the same thing there coatings are used to coat big buildings...they are somthing called termo plastic resins, and the wheel coatings are rock hard like a teflon that seals the metal. The demos were very good and convincing. But I gotta say the Restore wheel cleaner is the dogs.

#12 ·
and rust?
G101 isn't likely to make much impact on corrosion or rust, but then everyday wheels are unlikely to have either of the above, so this leads me to think that Restore is probably better suited to restoration type work maybe?

If Restore able to deal with rust and corrosion then it must have something pretty caustic in it to break down contamination, not something I would use on a regular basis, not saying it's a bad product just would be cautious how often I used t on the same wheels.:thumbsup

#16 ·
Tony
is this stuff available mail order from anywhere
I can't shift the last bits on my rims and it drives me mad
May try a clay bar next, too cold out there at the mo though!

#25 ·
bromoco

this cowboy is all over the car forums....the cheeky monkey works for bromoco.....check out vw audi, fiat and saxo forums to name but a few......I have come from the dirty RS forums to warn you about this idiot.....the products are dodgy to say the least.....the guy doing the demo at top gear was this joker....he was at ally pally t'other weekend too....take heed

#27 ·
this cowboy is all over the car forums....the cheeky monkey works for bromoco.....check out vw audi, fiat and saxo forums to name but a few......I have come from the dirty RS forums to warn you about this idiot.....the products are dodgy to say the least.....the guy doing the demo at top gear was this joker....he was at ally pally t'other weekend too....take heed
Yeah, he got booted from another forum, for hawking his wares as a "punter....".

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.