Model of Car:
    330is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    First of all hello to everyone, been lurking for a while but contributed nothing as have only just brought a BMW.

Anyway, woke up this morning to find this nice little mess….looks like someone was backing into a space in front of me at some speed, went along my drivers side wheel arch, caught the bumper and ripped it halfway off. Needless to say they left without leaving any details...lovely people. I really hope they did some damage to their motor as well.

Looks like a new bumper, new wing and other bits and bobs to hold them all together. Everything else looked ok but I'm not a mechanic so not totally sure. So anyway this is the first time something like this has happened, didn't want to drive it anywhere in case the insurance was funny about it. So rang them up and they came and picked it up and have taken it to their yard where someone will assess it. I'll have to pay a bit of excess but as I'm fully comp they should cover the rest. What would this cost to repair in a bodyshop? How much will my no claims be affected?

Sorry about iphone pictures and yes i can blow these photos up some more if they're not big enough already....

Probably won't get it back until the new year now but not too much of a problem as going away anyway. Such a pain, really not a happy boy, only had it a couple of months and have driven for almost 11 years with no other problems.

Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    cforehead's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Ouch! That's sh*t mate. Unfortunately you'll lose your NCB but I suspect it'll cost a small fortune to sort so it'll probably be worth claiming.

One thing: if you're standing on the curb taking those pictures... Has the other car had to mount the curb quite massively to inflict that damage? I expected it to be the other wing...

Good luck sorting it

2008 335d M Sport Coupe

Diamond BFuk Member
    Car Details
    petrolmarty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 December
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Sorry to see that, there are some right a***oles around. Ask round your neighbours someone might have seen or heard something, report it to the police it's an offence to drive away from an accident. If you don't have protected no claims, you can expect to lose 20% of your NCB.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    thumbitin's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, sorry should have made it clear...I got in the car and turned it round before hearing the sound of bumper on tarmac! Quickly revered it back to where it was before just the other way around.

How much do you think it will cost £ wise? Going through insurance anyway now, just the excess has to be paid dammit.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    cforehead's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Aaaah, makes more sense now.

Not too hot on repair costs, but certainly wouldn't be expecting any change from £1k to do it properly :( Could be wrong though.

2008 335d M Sport Coupe

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    thumbitin's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Haha quite a lot then, oh well.

Wouldn't mind so much if it was my fault but being held responsible for an accident while laying in bed snoozing really boils my ****.

Thanks for the help! Have spoken to the insurance and an approved garage is going to take a look at it this afternoon hopefully. Can't find any reviews on the garage though....

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Dez-Derek's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e39 523i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan/Saloon
    Thanks
    Have you told the police? Normally if you file a police report, the insurance company will take that into consideration. Also, ask the city council to see if there's any CCTV footage near your road, to examine cars entering and leaving your street between the hours you last saw it and 1st saw your car in the morning.

Driven by experience and pleasure

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    thumbitin's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Have contacted the police to let them know and was told I need to get to a station and fill out forms there, will try and get there before the end of the day. Haven't noticed any cameras near me but well worth asking, thanks for the advice. There was a load of fly tipping there this morning too so probably the same people that were doing that....maybe got spooked and sped off and smashed my car at the same time. Well....
    will probably be a van then oh and its white! The net is already closing haha.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Dez-Derek's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e39 523i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan/Saloon
    Thanks
    Insurance in the UK is sickening. We pay so much, and when someone crashes into our cars and runs away, we have to pay and lose our NCB. The government has to do something about it. If the police can prove that someone was responsible for the damages, will you get you NCB and your excess back?

Driven by experience and pleasure

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    thumbitin's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    It does make me sick. Insurance is all about risk but the insurance companies don't take any, they just charge for everything to cover themselves. Then if you do have an accident they would have made their money by then, no worries. They're on a win-win no matter what. government won't do anything I doubt. It's been mentioned elsewhere that the government should have some sort of motor insurance going, at least you know it will be reasonably fair, more so than private companies.

Not sure about getting the NCB back, will try for sure, I guess they can turn around and say 'you should have protected them then.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast