e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,212 Posts
    i only use auto -glym and that gives it a showroom shine most of the time if i take the time and now is so clean it only takes about 20 minutes start to finish as dirt just falls off it and even my bosses at work say mine is cleaner than all the new bmw work cars most of the time and they have pro valets,just lucky really about picking products that work well

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    haitch's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritentwined View Post
    i only use auto -glym and that gives it a showroom shine most of the time if i take the time and now is so clean it only takes about 20 minutes start to finish as dirt just falls off it and even my bosses at work say mine is cleaner than all the new bmw work cars most of the time and they have pro valets,just lucky really about picking products that work well
    Crikey mate, look on any Car Detailing site and see the products they use. Paint depth gages, clays, primers, glazes, sealants, polishes, waxes (yes they are different) some waxes costing thousands of pounds a tin, machine polishers, Lights to check the finish, Cloths, pads...etc., etc., and you do it all with a bottle of Autoglym!!!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    bmw318d's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 D M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    spritentwined what autoglym products do you use exactly

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw318d View Post
    got to be ag - super resin polish,

SRP is good it hides scratches and swirls well but if you want to remove the complety you gotta machine it really

other people have said on this thread to clay it after washing, if your not going to use a machine polisher on it and just use SRP then use a good wax like collinite i wouldnt use a clay bar. Espically as its a dark car, you will just show up more scratches and swirls

i would:
    Good wash, (megs gold class)
    dry
    Polish by hand (AG - SRP)
    two coats of wax, with a few hours between each coat (collinite 476s)

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1832 View Post
    got to be ag - super resin polish,

SRP is good it hides scratches and swirls well but if you want to remove the complety you gotta machine it really

other people have said on this thread to clay it after washing, if your not going to use a machine polisher on it and just use SRP then use a good wax like collinite i wouldnt use a clay bar. Espically as its a dark car, you will just show up more scratches and swirls

i would:
    Good wash, (megs gold class)
    dry
    Polish by hand (AG - SRP)
    two coats of wax, with a few hours between each coat (collinite 476s)
    Sam1832 has got it nailed

Don't use clay bar if your not going to machine polish the car. On my black vert I use AG shampoo/conditioner with a wash mit. Then 2 coats of AG SRP and one coat of AG ultra deep shine. Finish off with 2 coats of colli 915. Doesn't take me long now i've got the hang of it

You could use a glaze but IMO they're only good for a few days, wax on top of the glaze will make it last longer but if your polishing you don't really want to add too many coats of polish, you'll see what I mean when you get the car side-on in the sun
    Last edited by shamM3; 29-10-2010 at 22:52.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw318d View Post
    Assuming you are being serious i use the following

Autoglym Exterior 500ml Bundle
    4 Great Autoglym Products sold as a bundle to make the exterior of your car look fantastic, includes:

Autoglym High Definition Wax

Autoglym Super Resin Polish 500ml

Autoglym Shampoo Conditioner 500ml

Autoglym Clean Wheels 500ml

tried them all at some point and this seems to work for me best of all with a good bit of elbow grease put into it

shampoo every week plus clean wheels

wax and polish every other week time allowing

car is about to be rubbed down and stripped for the winter and then resprayed in the same colour but with purple thrown in and slammed euro style minus the rear spoiler as it really needs it as someone keyed most panels the other week so no polishing for now and just a general clean up to look good.only get out what you put in i think and cant believe the money people spend some times when its just a car at the end of the day.

my bill a month-about 10 pound
    my bosses a month-100 plus

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by haitch View Post
    Crikey mate, look on any Car Detailing site and see the products they use. Paint depth gages, clays, primers, glazes, sealants, polishes, waxes (yes they are different) some waxes costing thousands of pounds a tin, machine polishers, Lights to check the finish, Cloths, pads...etc., etc., and you do it all with a bottle of Autoglym!!!
    very funny that one but then i use my money to run 3 other cars instead of wasting money like some people and i was only commenting on a post by a fellow member and not yours.

nothing any car wash company supply will ever be as good as a pro valeter who knows what he is doing but so many people call themselves a pro now its stupid and i was merely stating that i was getting as good as results as my bosses valeter was doing using essentially low priced gear.

maybe you should grow up and allow people to have an opinion instead of acting sarcastically like a two year old

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    haitch's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    very funny that one but then i use my money to run 3 other cars instead of wasting money like some people and i was only commenting on a post by a fellow member and not yours.

nothing any car wash company supply will ever be as good as a pro valeter who knows what he is doing but so many people call themselves a pro now its stupid and i was merely stating that i was getting as good as results as my bosses valeter was doing using essentially low priced gear.

maybe you should grow up and allow people to have an opinion instead of acting sarcastically like a two year old
    Sorry you took offence mate I was only kidding You do need to realise though that valeting a car and detailing a car are two very different operations and the results are obvious.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Spirit's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i se saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    No problem,life is too short to hold a grudge and i am tired so prob snapped quick anyway.could have been worse i suppose i could have said turtle wax lol

got to admit i see a bmw that had been detailed a week ago and i swear it was like looking in a mirror it was that shiny and clean and free of imperfections of any kind,man the owner loved that car but wouldnt tell me the price because his missus was with him but he did hint he could have gone on holiday

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    haitch's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    No problem,life is too short to hold a grudge and i am tired so prob snapped quick anyway.could have been worse i suppose i could have said turtle wax lol

got to admit i see a bmw that had been detailed a week ago and i swear it was like looking in a mirror it was that shiny and clean and free of imperfections of any kind,man the owner loved that car but wouldnt tell me the price because his missus was with him but he did hint he could have gone on holiday
    Cheers mate, The OP said he wanted the 'original' shine and I was sort of trying to imply preparation is the Key. I have used AG for many years and the products are superb.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast