BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2006 E90 320d SE - New Splitter or not....

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Gjr_Bartlett 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Evening All,

Haven't been on here for a while, so thought I'd post a quick thread on the events of last sunday!

M62, middle lane, 70mph+ and my carbon splitter decides to detach itself from the front of the car, I got the fright of my life, as it shot underneath my car & out the back, last I saw it was bouncing towards the hard shoulder!

I'll be having words with the garage that fitted it 5 months ago!! Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Furthermore the wife did ask if I'd be getting another one with a smug grin, as I drove like miss daisy the last 40 miles home, praying the car wasn't damaged, thankfully it seems to be fine.

Can't decide if it worth getting another full front splitter or maybe something similar to the corner splitters from the BMW Performance range, let me know your thoughts?

All the best

Gaz.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey mate

I don't know of one falling off but my friends csl splurged cracked and was hanging off so he replaced it at CA automotive and it is exceptional as he describes it!

They do do splitters for your car and if they fit it like the csl they'll last over a year and look great ;) just an option not sure on cost though!

MAGiK

#5 ·
I went up and down the M62 looking for it, still not found it. what exit was it near :hihi

Thank god your well, was yours BMW performance ?
i was thinking of getting one an now ill have to rethink it.

I think your car will look a bit incomplete without a carbon splitter in the front.
like Neal said Gorilla Glue them this time :thumbsup

Good luck mate

#6 ·
Evening All,

Ace, cheers for the concern, I'm fine!

The splitter (not bm perf) was bought off ebay last year for about £90, so a little pissed off it's probably in bits scattered around the M62! If you have a look at my pics you'll see how the car used to look!!

Hope to get another one as the car now just looks strange without it now, however decided to cheer myself up, by ordering the rear 15mm spacers I've been after for ages, treating her to a set of Blackline rear lights that I'm picking up next tuesday after I've had a full set of Falken 452's fitted that morning!

That's made me feel better, now for that new splitter........almost forgot, she needs new brakes on the rear so looking at getting a set of EBC Ultimax with standard pads all round).

Gaz.

#8 ·
Hi Charley,

It wasn't bonded, just secured by 6 screws underneath, that were supplied with it.

On the plus side, my 15mm rear spacers have arrived this morning, so they'll be getting them fitted tomorrow along with my Falken 452's all round, then hopefully fitting the blacklines tomorrow night.... woo hoo!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.