Year of Manufacture:
    2005 (55)
    Transmission Type:
    SMG
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Hi,
    i got a few questions to ask about the exterior maintenance.

i have this little dent just above the fuel tank cap. (see pictures)

i've been to a shop, which was approved by bmw, and they sad it'd cost around 300~350 quid cus they need to take all the airbags out (by bmw approved engineer) in order to reach the dent from the inside out.
    does that sound like a reasonable price??

secondly, if you have a look at the picture, my wheels are slightly damaged.
    they are AC Schnitzer 20inch wheels, i got them damaged while trying to park the car near pavement. how much, roughly, do you think it'd cost to refurbish them? (around 4 spots are damaged similar to the picture shown on a pair of wheels)

lastly, i just finished waxing my car with Swirl X (meguiar's).
    it seems to be working but... as far as I am concerned, it doesn't really get rid of the swirls but make the car look greecy and bling bling instead.
    any recommended products on deleting swirls??

oh,, and please let me know if there is a good indi shop for BMWs around coventry? (near Warwickshire?)

thanks a lot guys.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by johnky90; 18-04-2011 at 14:15.
    Never think of your car as a cold machine, but as a hot-blooded horse.
    Juan Manuel Fangio (1958)

-E63 M6
    -E63 630i Sport Coupe SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    wattnv's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Ive just ordered a Silverstorm machine polisher with a bundle of pads, I'm going to attack my E90 320d Msport in Metallic Sapphire black hopefully before the end of the week, I'll try taking before and after as the car is horribly swirl marked and it also looks like someone has been washing it with a pot scourer?!

The machine polisher is only £50 plus P&P and appear easy to use with a bit of trial and error.

I've used all the by hand methods with no joy and the poorboys black hole I bought works as a filler but the results dont last long.

As for the dent have you tried dent Dr or similar?? I would have thought £300 was a bit steep why does it need to be BMW approved to remove a dent?

Eibachs fitted 16/02/2010 looking

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    johnky90's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E63 M6
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005 (55)
    Transmission Type:
    SMG
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wattnv View Post
    Ive just ordered a Silverstorm machine polisher with a bundle of pads, I'm going to attack my E90 320d Msport in Metallic Sapphire black hopefully before the end of the week, I'll try taking before and after as the car is horribly swirl marked and it also looks like someone has been washing it with a pot scourer?!

The machine polisher is only £50 plus P&P and appear easy to use with a bit of trial and error.

I've used all the by hand methods with no joy and the poorboys black hole I bought works as a filler but the results dont last long.

As for the dent have you tried dent Dr or similar?? I would have thought £300 was a bit steep why does it need to be BMW approved to remove a dent?
    thanks for the tip!
    i'm sorry about this late reply. i wasn't home for a while..
    haha i see what you mean by pot scourer and i'm sorry to hear that.
    my car doesn't have deep swirls but it sure does have lots and lots of swirl marks all over the body.
    my swirl product doesn't seem to be working either (with hand method).
    but.. guess what, a lot of people say it works just fine.. as long as you use it with machine polisher.
    and.. 50 quid for a polisher with bundle of pads doesn't sound bad at all.
    as a matter of fact, waxing the whole car with pros will cost at least a couple hundreds, that seems to be a bargain (as long as you don't burn the paint of course )
    but seriously, thanks for your suggestion and please let me know how it went with the Silverstorm polisher.

oh, and about the dent. i actually got that quote from dent Dr in coventry.
    the guy sad in order to get it done from inside, i need a.. BMW approved engineer who can deal with airbags.
    but i'm still thinking vacuum suction (?) thing could do the job with much less cost. i haven't been able to find somebody who does it yet but.. hopefully i can get it done soon cus it really really bothers me when i look at it!!
    anyways, thanks for your help, mate
    talk with you soon
    Never think of your car as a cold machine, but as a hot-blooded horse.
    Juan Manuel Fangio (1958)

-E63 M6
    -E63 630i Sport Coupe SOLD