318ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi there

i have just brought a 2006 BMW 318 ci m sport in black!

My first BMW and i LOVE it!!

I really want HID Headlamps and some angel eyes on her, but i was hoping i could get some good recomendations from anyone who has either one or both!!

I want really good HID bulbs that shine really well on the road and be a white/blue colour, can anyone recomend what make to buy and where from??????

Also with the angel eyes, i would like them to match the HID headlamps, so be a pure white or white/blue colour, so can anyone recomend a good make and where to buy them?

also i need to add the my headlamps have projectors on them, not sure if this makes a difference?

If anyone can help, i would be very greatful

Thanks

Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    328mark's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 328i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul318ci View Post
    also i need to add the my headlamps have projectors on them, not sure if this makes a difference?

i think you're asking if having projectors makes a difference to fitting angel eyes...not at all
    having a coupe might cos i thought the headlamps dont split down as easily as the saloons...can somebody put me right please?
    the hid kits on ebay are worth a look...dont go any bluer than 6k colour temp
    ccfl angels are also available in 6k...makes a nice pairing
    what i've felt,what i've known
    never shined through in what i've shown.

-------------------------------------------
    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

BMW Master
    Car Details
    StreetTriple's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    Yeah to fit angel eyes to a facelift coupe (like yours) you need to melt the glue holding the large lenses on- no really and to do that you can either bake them in an oven or try a hot air gun. The oven is the recommended way as it gives uniform heat as you could distort the lenses with localised heating using an air gun. Then once you pull off the lenses the fitting is meant to be easy enough.
    I say meant to be as I haven't done it I like my car too much to start putting bits in the oven! Also I would have concerns re the water tightness of the lenses once back together, condensation etc
    I bought a xenon Kit for my 2006 e46 convertible from eBay, £60 and it looks good. I won't know until after Christmas how they work as Santa is bringing the kit- so I haven't fitted it yet, but they look good quality!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

6. Help with e36 325i non vanos 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    9108MATTHEW's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316 compact with 325i engine
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    I have notice bogging down below 4500 rpm and it has got more and more worse not smooth throttle and now when i put my foot down it goes no were just bogging and building speed very very slow cleaned icv put a different afm on changed 2 rubber hoses throttle body hose and icv hose cleaned throttle body cleaned inlet manifold / sensors i am really stumped please some advice...........

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9108MATTHEW View Post
    I have notice bogging down below 4500 rpm and it has got more and more worse not smooth throttle and now when i put my foot down it goes no were just bogging and building speed very very slow cleaned icv put a different afm on changed 2 rubber hoses throttle body hose and icv hose cleaned throttle body cleaned inlet manifold / sensors i am really stumped please some advice...........
    Create a thread in the E36 section detailing your problem. Make sure you title the thread correctly, read the link below "Posting rules".

BMW Master
    Car Details
    StreetTriple's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    I have just fitted my HID kit to my 2006 convertible and it looks fantastic. I got it from eBay new for £65 and the quality looks good. What a difference to the loook of the car really expensive looking, and a diddle to fit once you have worked out where to put the ballasts. It took me about 1.5 hrs to fit and that was with a couple of cups of coffee and head scratching to figure out where to mount them. If you do that before starting 45 mins will do it. I went for the 6k it is in daylight bright White and at night there is the slightist tinge of blue.
    Highly recomended! If you can change a bulb you can fit these!!
    HID Conversion, M Power numberplate surrounds, Intravee II and Alpine KCA 420i linked to iPod, De badged, clayed, and polished to perfection!