Model of Car:
    X5 3.0d sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    estate

Thanks
    I'm gettingn more and more into detailign and absorbign all the info I can. what is immediately obvious is that applicators and polishing/buffing cloths cannot become contaminated with dirt grit etc

How do you sort your cloths - do you have different applicators for different products - colour coded perhaps ? And how do you store them to keep them away from dust etc - mate of mine has each one individually bagged with ziplock bags !
    Is it also true that microfibre cloths shouldnt just be chucked in the washing machine but that they need separate detergents too ?

Smee

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    adam.wilkinson's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ise
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    To be honest mate, you will prob find a way of doing it that suits you! Everyone is different.

I keep all my cloths together, don't bother seperating them. All I do is wash them after every use so they are always clean. You can put them in the washing machine, just don't use powder of fabric softener. I use the new liquid detergents and they do a great job of cleaning them.

As for aplicators, it depens which ones you use. I use a MF one for any polish and foam ones for applying wax. The MF ones can be washed with cloths in WM then is tend to clean foam ones in warm water and washing up liquid...

Have fun becoming an OCD detailer! lol
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!!!

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    ThE.gRiZzLe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Admittedly I keep mine in ziplock bags too

Basically, after each use I put them in the wash with 5 capfuls of the microfibre cleaning stuff from CYC @40degrees , Brilliant as it restorres them to a new state so the cloths will resist damaging your paint...

Though if I have been waxing I will chuck the temp up to about 60degrees to make sure the wax is removed from the cloths, otherwise the wax left on the cloth makes it impossible to dry your car next time round...

For foam pads I basically chuck them in the machine on the 15degree handwash setting on a slow spin which rinses out all the polish really well.

I also have one of those plastic/poly boxes with the closing lids from Homebase that they are all stored in to protect them, and stop me losing stuff because there's so much and I'm about as useful as a chocolate tea pot!

Ahmet

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    ThE.gRiZzLe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Sorry, also, if you cant be bothered to buy the cyc stuff, some White wine vinagar in the wash works as a brilliant alternative. I used to use it all the time before. But the CYC stuff improves absorbancy

Ahmet