My first EVER detailing attempt on my day off work.........
I was really pleased with the end result (see pictures below) but I would really love some feedback from the detailing pros on the process I used and some answers to a couple of questions I have.
Looking forward to your constructive criticism!
First off the process:
Interior – Turtlewax ICE Interior Cleaner
Wheels – Megs Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner, Megs Nxt Generation Metal Polysh, Megs Endurance High Gloss Tyre Shine
Washed – Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo using two bucket method and Megs wash mitt, Megs APC
Windows – Megs Nxt Generation Glass Cleaner, Rainx
Scratches – Megs Scratch X
Polish – Step 1: Megs Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Step 2: Megs Deep Crystal Car Polish
Waxed – Megs Gold Class Wax
Secondly the questions:
- I really want to clean the engine bay but what product should I use and how do you do this (I’m afraid of getting water/product somewhere I shouldn’t!)?
- I want to add some extra steps to the process so can someone recommend products for the following and suggest where they fit in the above process:
Snow Foam, Clay, Glaze, Sealant
- A friend has told me to wash again after claying a car is this advised?
- I’m looking at getting a machine polisher, are they really worth the money and can someone recommend a good one that doesn’t cost the earth!
- Lastly can someone recommend another polish as I really don't rate the Megs Deep Crystal Car Polish used in Step 2
Thanks in advance and thanks for looking.