BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E46 330ci - angel eye nitemare continues

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Tall_Steve 
#1 ·
:madhey all...as sum off you guys i have met a the shows will know i had full angel eye units fitted last july and had nothing but problems since..replaced 3times due too condensation..still faulty..so gave up on that..never fit properly...big gap at headlamp washer jets...well now my mech has informed me the ring round one off my lights has burned out..very unsightly...both bulbs and bulb holders:confused..anyways..never buy these from bmtown...has anyone had this problem..and where else would anyone recommend replacement units...i know carl at bm styling recommends his..so any thots welcome..thanks:thumbsup

#2 ·
Thats a bit of a pain in the a**e mate!

IIRC your full angel eye units werent cheap either!:eek If you got them done last July then there still under warrenty arent they?

Maybe its best to go back to orginal units and install some decent (much cheaper) CCFC rings?

Hope you get it sorted mate whichever route you take! :thumbsup

#3 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
Hi,

I'm away working until the weekend, but I will take some pictures as soon as I can and post them for you.

No idea why they are so cheap, my last car BMW E36 325 cost me £60 4 years ago, but not as good as these, perhaps they have been imported from Hong Kong / Far East.

with the E36 I had to take the headlights out of the car, with the E46 you simply pop the perspex cover of the front of the headlamp, very easy.:D

Received them very quickly in the post and well packed as well.:thumbsup

#8 ·
Hi again,

Please see some pictures of the lights at dusk, I'm more than pleased :D with them, although the first image looks yellow, the angel eyes are bright white.

I didn't have to cut the loom, I used some of the blue clamps (get them in Halfords) that you use with a pair of pliers to squeeze down on the existing side light wires.

Steve

#12 ·
The rings come with some clear plastic clips that secure the ring to the top of the reflector, then just for added security I have used a thin strip of clear tape to secure the bottom of the ring to the back of the reflector, very simple to install, full fitting instructions were e-mailed to me after I had purchased the rings on ebay.:D:D

I would recommend them to anyone who is wanting to install them.:D

#10 ·
Yeah cool on a spoon or pre facelift but on a facelift coupe you need to melt the glue holding the large lense on either in an oven o. With a heat gun!! Not nice!! Probably the reason the original poster went for full replacements rather than the ccfl rings!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.