530d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    (sorry I made a spelling mistake which I cant seem to edit in the title...... BLACK** not balck!!!!!)
    Hi all
    My interior is montana beige leather but gear gaitor is black. The handbrake gaitor is beige and so the gear gaitor seems out of place and I did see a pic somewhere of an interior with beige gaitor which looked much better.
    I tried looking around for a beige one but couldnt find one... there was one seller on ebay but that was with both the handbrake and gear gaitor and they coudn't really tell me the shade of beige so I found the only reasonably priced product off seller K4RDA on ebay for magix grison leather dye/spray which would change from black to beige. He had many shades of beige and the best match I could find was "champagne".
    Any way here are the pics.
    It looks a pretty good match but dont know whether the spray/paint will start to crack in the creases and folds but I will see what happens.

(the first pic is abit misty because I had a finger print on the cam lens!, the 2nd pic with the can next to the gaitor I briefly pressed the spray button just as a tester so you can see a few specs of beige)

In a few months time... or possibly even a feww days if the paint starts cracking I will let you know
    Attached Images
    Last edited by biggurs; 22-12-2011 at 22:18. Reason: spelling mistake in the title.... BLACK not balck!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    biggurs's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    disaster!!!
    Paint started peeling!! so took it all off (easily flaked off with sandpaper!!)
    Partly my own fault, I sanded it down slightly but should have put some primer on for the paint to bond better. So Im attempting again but with primer and a bit more sanding down and just a single coat of paint this time. (had three coats, became thick and without primer not surprised it flaked off!!!) probably peel off again but you live and learn!
    If it peels off again which it most likely will then Im gonna bin it and purchase the beige set of gear and handbrake gaitor and sell the handbrake one!!
    Anyway, Merry christmas
    Attached Images