2003 E46 330ci sport Angel Eyes fitting?

Notices

Thread: 2003 E46 330ci sport Angel Eyes fitting?

Reply to Thread
  1. 2003 E46 330ci sport Angel Eyes fitting? 
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    The-A-team's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi all,

I managed to purchase some Angel eyes (got the Umnitza ones). They do come with installation instructions but look a bit daunting. I think I may as well get them fitted rather then create a mess. Does anyone know of any garages in the North West area that will do this (preferably close to Manchester/Rochdale)

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Tbh, I don't think anyone will touch them if the headlamps are sealed units for fear of not getting a proper seal afterwards.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    The-A-team's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    Tbh, I don't think anyone will touch them if the headlamps are sealed units for fear of not getting a proper seal afterwards.
    I have just the CCFL rings, and the car is a pre-facelift coupe - I think my headlamps are not sealed... or am I just talking rubbsih?

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Pre-facelift you say? Then you will be ok . Get yourself down to a meet and we will fit them for you

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Tall_Steve's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E64 630i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The-A-team View Post
    I have just the CCFL rings, and the car is a pre-facelift coupe - I think my headlamps are not sealed... or am I just talking rubbsih?

Thanks
    No you are not talking rubbish!!!

I fitted my 2002 pre-facelift convertible with CCFL rings as well, the plastic light cover can be unclipped from the headlamp & there is a rubber seal to make the headlamp water tight.

I believe the later facelift headlamps are more difficult to separate the headlamp, perhaps someone with one that has fitted CCFL's can confirm this?

Uber Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RobbieV's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Facelift 330ci headlights are sealed

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall_Steve View Post

I believe the later facelift headlamps are more difficult to separate the headlamp, perhaps someone with one that has fitted CCFL's can confirm this?
    Oh yes...baking or heat gun involved.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    The-A-team's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    Pre-facelift you say? Then you will be ok . Get yourself down to a meet and we will fit them for you
    cool, might have to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Tall_Steve View Post
    No you are not talking rubbish!!!

I fitted my 2002 pre-facelift convertible with CCFL rings as well, the plastic light cover can be unclipped from the headlamp & there is a rubber seal to make the headlamp water tight.

the rubber seal, do you have to remove this? is it easy to put back ? or will you need to cut it in order to get it off?

cheers chaps

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    jenny123's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

here some instructions how to install the maxautos CCFL angel eyes!

they take aprox 1hour to install on the E46 M3!

INSTALLING MAXAUTOS CCFL ANGEL EYES TO YOUR E46 M3

What you need before you start:

• Maxautos M3 Angel eye kit ( consists of 4 CCFL rings, 2 inverters, 8 clips and double sided tabs)
    • Phillips Screw Driver
    • Small Drill
    • Flat Head Screw Driver
    • Black Electrical Tape
    • Clear Silicone
    • And DONT FORGET THE M3!!

Remove the rubber trim that is surrounding the top off the headlamp by squeezing the plastic tabs with your fingers (or pliers)

The locations of the plastic tabs are shown below with the arrows:

Remove the lower painted headlamp trim by releasing the clip in the bottom corner close to the grill as shown in the photo below.
    Don’t try to pull the trim totally off as you will damage the headlamp washer, just leave tilted out a few centimetres that’s it! (see photo)

Now you need to remove the indicator light. To do this all you have to do is unscrew the small screw that is shown by the arrow below and then slide the indicator towards you
    Once it is loose then un-clip the connection from the back off the indicator and remove it from the car.

Remove the front headlamp lense by simply unclipping the 7 plastic tabs. 3 tabs at the top, 3 tabs at the bottom and 1 on the side. You can use a screw driver to help loosen the lower 3 tabs as you won’t be able to get your hands in between the small gap between the lower headlamp trim.

Carefully remove the black inner trim, this will just lift out.

Space the small clips evenly on to the rim of the ring making sure that the small teeth on the clips are at the top.
    Clip the ring to the top rim of the projector lense making sure the ring is not tilted. Do not push the ring too far back as it will then lift up at an angle and not sit right in the lense.

Again place the clips on to the second ring and clip it in to place at the top rim of the reflector lense. This time you can push the ring as far back as it goes making sure that it is not tilted.
    Feed all the wires over the top of the headlamp housing so they come out from the side of the reflector lense as shown in the photo below.

Now I would advise that you put some black electrical tape around all the individual wiring so it cannot be seen once the headlamp casing is back on as it will not look very nice.

Put some sticky tabs on the bottom face of one of the inverter
    Now stick the inverter flat in the small gap between inside of the black inner headlamp surround as shown in the photo and clip the rings in to the connections of the inverter.

Drill a small hole towards the top left of the headlamp as shown in the photo.

Now feed the positive and negative wires from the inverter through this hole.

Feed the 2 wires through the side of the headlamp and connect them in to the side lights of your car. You may have to manually do this as they don’t just clip in on most cars.
    Then seal the small hole you drilled from the outside using clear silicon to avoid any moisture entering the headlamp once it is in use.
    Check to make sure the angel eye rings are still aligned and have not moved out of place.
    Now put the entire headlamp back just the way you opened it up being careful not to break/snap any clips.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Tall_Steve's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E64 630i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible
    Thanks
    Thats the same type that I fitted, very easy and clear instructions, looks very impresive IMO