BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 330ci M sport - Need White headlight bulbs

7K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Klone 
#1 ·
Hello people. I previously had a pair of White headlight bulbs but they started to cause errors on my dashboard. BMW fitted in standard bulbs, they look cream and ugly! I'm looking for pure White bright headlight bulbs if anybody can help please. I don't require side light bulbs as I've already got a pair of White ones fitted in which work great.

Thanks guys!

#4 ·
HID's all the way-easy to fit and WHAT a differnce all for about £60!!

What sidelights you using and do they give errors on the dash? Where did you buy them as I have been looking for a set for ages!!
Thanks

Reactions: Hassan
#23 ·
The bulbs that MStyle sell are white, the only thing is they don't give as much light as the Xtremes or blue vision, but if you want that white look and not to concerned about the ammount of light spread then they are the ones to go for.

#25 ·
what i had to take into account was that the extremes i was told were the brightest my car could have that would pass the mot! philips blue vision are a brighter light with a slight white blue bulb. but i was off put with the blue, you can also get them brighter but they definatly won't pass the mot then!
i would also like hids, but again was told that they would fail my cars mot due to mine shouldn't have them!:confused
can any one advise as to what i can put on mine? and what i can not, also looking at angels, which ones, and mot pass?
sorry for hijacking the thread, but keeping the questions on the same line:hihi

#27 ·
Hids won't fail the mot, the only thing checked is beam height and direction, I checked and double checked before fitting my hids, before that I had white bulbs and they passed the mot

edit... I'll be at the meet next Sunday and if anyone wants to try the white bulbs I had fitted they are most welcome

#31 ·
just bought these off ebay all four for my 330ic,great pure white beam (all 4 off them) they are so cheap i cannot belive it.i have just bought 4 more for my 330ivert and 540it for main beam use.takes about 2/3 weeks for delivery.and no dash faults.

#32 ·
The phillips blue visions i have in my dipped are whiter than the extreme visions now i come to think of it but the extreme visions are really good for the fulll beam.. the amount of light they produce is amazing albeit a bit creamy... but remember street lights on motorways are yellow/orange because they are as bright as they can get them so that your eyes are still comfortable (due to the colour) for long journeys...

I think this might have something to do with the extreme visions as they produce a hell of a lot of light yet keeping your eyes comfortable for driving in dark conditions which is what you want.. :thumbsup

#33 ·
The phillips blue visions i have in my dipped are whiter than the extreme visions now i come to think of it but the extreme visions are really good for the fulll beam.. the amount of light they produce is amazing albeit a bit creamy... but remember street lights on motorways are yellow/orange because they are as bright as they can get them so that your eyes are still comfortable (due to the colour) for long journeys...
Sounds like you are sampling chocolates mate :lol

#37 ·
I had Osram Nightbreakers in my main beam before I fitted my HIDs, and they gave off quite a white beam with a tint of blue, but now they are in the highbeams, they really look creamy now. So disgusting. I even took the bulbs out to make sure I hadn't put something else in, but they have Osram embossed into them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.