2003 E46 316ti SE - Uploaded Pics for Styling and MOD Suggestions. - Page 9

Notices
 

Thread: 2003 E46 316ti SE - Uploaded Pics for Styling and MOD Suggestions.

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 138
  1.  
    #81
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    BMW3Se's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baderlfc View Post
    Don't waste your money remapping the 1.8 N42 engine..

    I considered it with my 316 but decided against it.. your not going to get noticeable gains so its a waste of money!

    There was a guy on here who had is 316 remapped and got something like 3 or 4 bhp gain and didn't even notice a difference!

    Save your money mate seriously..

    Better off with a high flow filter and leave it as is..

    By the way.. 19"s are the way forward on the compact, thats what you need
    19 inch? are you mad bader!! mine cant even hack the 18 that ive put on it. it really is completly different to when i had my standard 16 inch wheels. ive been looking around maybe i could part exchange or do a straight swap for a higher spec model, with the m tech body kit aswell as 325 or even a 320td.

    mine has alot of extras that not many other compacts seem to have. but all im seein on the autotrader is cars that have done alot of miles.

    btw congrats on your 325 it looks beautiful man seriously. id be over the moon if i found one like yours!!! lol
    BMW £!^ti SE





    [[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #82
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    baderlfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback
    baderlfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cwmbran, south wales
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 670 Times in 593 Posts
    I had 19" rims on my 316 and it was fine!

    There a low mileage, high spec 325s about for decent money if you a patient.. 320tds are always overpriced though!

    By the way once you've heard the roar the 2.5l straight 6 in the 325 makes you'd forget about the economy of the diesel!!

    Anyways.. you haven't long had your car have you??
    E46 325ti Sport
    Lowered 50/40 on Weitec springs
    18" staggered BBS RS-GTs

    Pioneer MVH-8200
    Focal Polyglass 5.25" 130VB components
    Alpine MRP-M650 Monoblock with Alpine Type R 10"
     
     

  4.  
    #83
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    BMW3Se's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baderlfc View Post
    I had 19" rims on my 316 and it was fine!

    There a low mileage, high spec 325s about for decent money if you a patient.. 320tds are always overpriced though!

    By the way once you've heard the roar the 2.5l straight 6 in the 325 makes you'd forget about the economy of the diesel!!

    Anyways.. you haven't long had your car have you??
    no just a couple of months really. i found this company that said they will remap my car for 150 and test it to make sure i get the efficient amount of bhp thats quoted instead of a silly 2/3 bhp increase. i have a auto techtronic gear box so i can tell when its performing aswell you know?
    BMW £!^ti SE





    [[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]
     
     

  5.  
    #84
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    forgive me if im wrong but the bigger the wheel the smaller the profile so from centre of wheel to outer rim of the tyre should always stay the same!!!!!! so in theory you shouldnt lose any power the only differance you might feel is tram lining
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  6.  
    #85
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    BMW3Se's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    forgive me if im wrong but the bigger the wheel the smaller the profile so from centre of wheel to outer rim of the tyre should always stay the same!!!!!! so in theory you shouldnt lose any power the only differance you might feel is tram lining
    ahh bollocks so whats the problem then? its either i am paranoid or theres something up with the car...I went from 16inch standard to the 18inch mv2. I've just recently serviced the car and its the same thing I still feel it sluggish.

    goughy mate what you think of the remap for 150 quid? yay or nay?
    BMW £!^ti SE





    [[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]
     
     

  7.  
    #86
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW3Se View Post
    ahh bollocks so whats the problem then? its either i am paranoid or theres something up with the car...I went from 16inch standard to the 18inch mv2. I've just recently serviced the car and its the same thing I still feel it sluggish.

    goughy mate what you think of the remap for 150 quid? yay or nay?
    as already said i wouldnt bother with a re map how about performance air filter or induction kit? or maybe a performance exhaust
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  8.  
    #87
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    BMW3Se's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    as already said i wouldnt bother with a re map how about performance air filter or induction kit? or maybe a performance exhaust
    why not both? lol

    i am finding it too much of a hastle to look for a 325 and so on so i thought may aswell go all out, i dont want it to be crazy fast i just want it abit nippier around.

    so if you consider the remap is a further 15bhp what do you think the induction kit and air filter will add onto that?
    BMW £!^ti SE





    [[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]
     
     

  9.  
    #88
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW3Se View Post
    why not both? lol

    i am finding it too much of a hastle to look for a 325 and so on so i thought may aswell go all out, i dont want it to be crazy fast i just want it abit nippier around.

    so if you consider the remap is a further 15bhp what do you think the induction kit and air filter will add onto that?
    realy not sure i think nick has done his so maybe he could tell ya but hay if you've got the wonga go for all 3 lol
    love life as much as your car
     
     

  10.  
    #89
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    BMW3Se's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    realy not sure i think nick has done his so maybe he could tell ya but hay if you've got the wonga go for all 3 lol
    such a terrible way to spend your student finance lmfao! ill ask him but i think he is kinda sick of me messaging him about stuff anyway lol.

    buy seriously goughly i need to sort out my interior but aint got the guts man. how on earth do you take out the trim without damaging it?
    BMW £!^ti SE





    [[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]
     
     

  11.  
    #90
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    telford
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW3Se View Post
    such a terrible way to spend your student finance lmfao! ill ask him but i think he is kinda sick of me messaging him about stuff anyway lol.

    buy seriously goughly i need to sort out my interior but aint got the guts man. how on earth do you take out the trim without damaging it?
    i felt the same but they come out realy easy they just pull off no screws or fidly clips just have a go
    love life as much as your car
     
     

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts