2003 E46 316ti SE - Uploaded Pics for Styling and MOD Suggestions. - Page 10

Notices

Thread: 2003 E46 316ti SE - Uploaded Pics for Styling and MOD Suggestions.

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    i felt the same but they come out realy easy they just pull off no screws or fidly clips just have a go
    just have a go...so let me get this right, ive gotta put boiling water on the panels and make sure i take off the top layer? and then sand it to make sure ive not missed abit and then put how many coats of primer? and then how many covers of colour? and then do you put a clear on it im guessing?

what should i be using to take out the panels anyway?
    BMW £!^ti SE

[[[316]]] Three Letters [[[BMW]]]

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW3Se View Post
    just have a go...so let me get this right, ive gotta put boiling water on the panels and make sure i take off the top layer? and then sand it to make sure ive not missed abit and then put how many coats of primer? and then how many covers of colour? and then do you put a clear on it im guessing?

what should i be using to take out the panels anyway?
    ye youve got it soak them in boiling water to remove the top layer give them a good sand to remove any small parts use a plastic primer give it a couple or 3 coats when dry wet and dry sand with 4-600 grit sandpaper, make sure you do it wet!!!! then 3-4 light coats of base coat, then 3-4 coats of laquer if your not to comfortable why not get the body shop to do it?
    love life as much as your car

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    nick316ti's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316ti se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact
    Thanks
    yup 19`s all the way and slammed to foook
    Last edited by nick316ti; 04-12-2010 at 17:41.

Alpine white
    19" black type1 MUTECS
    ONE OF A KIND

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    ye youve got it soak them in boiling water to remove the top layer give them a good sand to remove any small parts use a plastic primer give it a couple or 3 coats when dry wet and dry sand with 4-600 grit sandpaper, make sure you do it wet!!!! then 3-4 light coats of base coat, then 3-4 coats of laquer if your not to comfortable why not get the body shop to do it?
    you know what i think ill do both. ill go to the body shop tomorrow and when theyre working on my car ill try and take out the trim and use their stuff. well im paying them enough so they wont mind.

nick help my power problems man!!
    BMW £!^ti SE

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    nick316ti's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316ti se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact
    Thanks
    as has been said really mate i wouldnt waste money on a remap you would probably get more power from a good cai(cold air induction) like piper cross viper /k&n typhoon or my personal favourite green cotton twister filter and a good quality exhaust eisemann springs to mind or milltek both excellent products

Alpine white
    19" black type1 MUTECS
    ONE OF A KIND

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Ok lads I need you're expertise again, I am looking for really white lights to go with my angel eyes.

I went to halfords today and the guy working there didn't have a clue if there brilliance bulbs were white or if they were just brighter than normal. He also thought that my compact was an estate...( enough said )

So what sort of lights should I be looking for or if any of you guys have purchased any bulbs, xenon. Can you recommend any and do they have a really white out put?
    I need to sort my bulbs out as well - although I want a slightly blue tint to match my CCFL's. I have the Super Brilliance bukbs in mine and they're not very white, bright yes but still slightly yellow.

I think I'm going to get a set of Philips Blue Vision bulbs and hope they match. I think you may struggle to get halogen bulbs bright enough to be honest so a set of HID's may be the best option.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    I need to sort my bulbs out as well - although I want a slightly blue tint to match my CCFL's. I have the Super Brilliance bukbs in mine and they're not very white, bright yes but still slightly yellow.

I think I'm going to get a set of Philips Blue Vision bulbs and hope they match. I think you may struggle to get halogen bulbs bright enough to be honest so a set of HID's may be the best option.
    see the problem is them HIDS need kits, and from what ive found out most of them tend to be illegal. so i really dont know where to go, theres no point in spending good money on angel eyes and have them look amazing just to spoiil them with them yellow bulbs.

ill look around and see what there is.

nick, if i was to add any of them to my car what sorta performance would i be lookin at ?
    BMW £!^ti SE

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    nick316ti's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316ti se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact
    Thanks
    look on the respective web sites mate and it will give you an indication of what gains are to be had from each product but its hard to say really the only way to tell is to have it put on a rolling raod but if your gonna remap then its best to get all the tweeks done before you get it mapped every little helps but just remember not all the same car with the same engine will make the same bhp after a remap

Alpine white
    19" black type1 MUTECS
    ONE OF A KIND

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    see the problem is them HIDS need kits, and from what ive found out most of them tend to be illegal. so i really dont know where to go, theres no point in spending good money on angel eyes and have them look amazing just to spoiil them with them yellow bulbs.

ill look around and see what there is.

nick, if i was to add any of them to my car what sorta performance would i be lookin at ?
    I'm not totally up to speed on HID's but my understanding is that with projector head lamps you should be OK. I also understand that legally it is a bit of a grey area - a well set up set won't cause any issues. I however decided that it was just too much hassle and risk, so I'm ging to go with a set of really good quality bulbs with a blue tint. The Philips bulbs always do really well in AutoExpress tests etc.

There are xenon bulbs on E-bay, but they seem really cheap so am not convinced that they quality will be up to scratch.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    BMW3Se's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316Ti SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic, Techtronic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    I'm not totally up to speed on HID's but my understanding is that with projector head lamps you should be OK. I also understand that legally it is a bit of a grey area - a well set up set won't cause any issues. I however decided that it was just too much hassle and risk, so I'm ging to go with a set of really good quality bulbs with a blue tint. The Philips bulbs always do really well in AutoExpress tests etc.

There are xenon bulbs on E-bay, but they seem really cheap so am not convinced that they quality will be up to scratch.
    true, i recently bought some lights from my local spares, and it was a 55watt bulb said it was white with a tint of blue, just had a quick look at them about half an hour ago they look ok but you can still see abit of blue. tomorrow after im done in the body shop ill take good quality pictures of the angel eyes in the dark and also the lights i bought.
    BMW £!^ti SE