BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 e46 compact detailing advice

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Sparky68 
#1 ·
so all my bits and piece have come but im a little stuckfor order.

heres what i think i have to do but correct me if im wrong

1. snowfoam car and clean alloys
2. do i then wash with a shampoo or is that covered by the snow foam stage?
3. clay bar with the lubricant detailing spray
4. dry car
5. apply wax and leave to cure (how do i know when its cured; i have collite 476s)
6. buff off and polish to shine
7. treat wheels

is that correct? i dont have a decent shampoo just generic turtle stuff. its not very good actually. though do even need to shampoo?

#3 ·
I'd always recommend sorting the wheels first or you'll cause yourself more work in the long run!

then snow foam is just for getting the worst of the caked on dirt off..

you'll need to wash with a lambswool/microfibre mitt after that (2 buckets recommended, one for rinsing)..

then clay if needed and rinse again..

dry off thoroughly, shuts, petrol cap etc included to avoid having water running out when your polishing/waxing!

then polish the car up and wax or seal it..

as far as the collinite goes, don't leave it long what ever you do!!

literally a minute or so before buffing max or it'll cake on.. although it says its easy apply/buff it will still cake on, especially if its a warm day!!

you'll find a routine that suits you and works well anyway mate! each to their own and all that :thumbsup

#5 ·
yeah mate definitely!!

I always do a panel at a time, otherwise the wax will dry up and that makes it harder to buff off

#11 ·
I've got my old skirts in the shed along with a bonnet for my old car, could always practice on them I guess.. give me an idea what i'm doing before tackling my car!

You may well have twisted my arm there sparky :hihi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.