BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E36 325 - My carbon look stering wheel

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  sam1832 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone :)

Thought i'd share some pic's of my steering wheel from my coupe that i've wrapped in a new carbon weave film, obv before it was standard black plastic and i wanted it to match the dash inserts a little better.....and i'm chuffed with the results!! :)

You guys may have seen this stuff used before
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=121559

I work for a vehicle livery company....so managed to blag a few sheets for myself as it really is great stuff. Next up i think will be the dash inserts and door handles as mine are a little scratched.

Let me know what you all think as i'm really interested in doing more of this kind of thing :)

See less See more
#6 ·
should do your interior trim too mate...saw a few m3s at bimmerflex and some evn had ther air boxes and inlet boxes doneand it looked awesome:jaw-dropping..really looks mint in the engine bay!!wish i could do that..mabye not actually..the companies stock would dissapear:rofl

#10 ·
I was ready to start ripping you to shreds, but after seeing the pictures, its quite subtle and elegant rather than the tacky image that I had in my head upon reading the title. :thumbsup

#14 ·
:hihi i know what you mean, i'd think the same! This stuff is not your cheap printed gash. But a brand new product thats not long arrived from the states (where it is used on everything!!) its actually a textured carbon weave film and is as close to the real thing (hence the nice finsh in the pics) but without the high cost.:thumbsup

#11 ·
Hi everyone :)

Thought i'd share some pic's of my steering wheel from my coupe that i've wrapped in a new carbon weave film, obv before it was standard black plastic and i wanted it to match the dash inserts a little better.....and i'm chuffed with the results!! :)

You guys may have seen this stuff used before
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=121559

I work for a vehicle livery company....so managed to blag a few sheets for myself as it really is great stuff. Next up i think will be the dash inserts and door handles as mine are a little scratched.

Let me know what you all think as i'm really interested in doing more of this kind of thing :)

Very good job:applause

I look forward to seeing more updates in the future:cool

:thumbsup

#15 ·
Like everthing, when its a new product, and not many distributors (i only know of one) then the price will remain high. 3M sell it at a price i wont even mention, but the stuff i've used in the pics above is exactly the same but more reasonable at around £30 a metre.....obviously dropping in price with the more you buy.

My line of work is vehicle livery (advertising) 'sky' vans etc. So i'm regular talking with trade reps, being forced to attend sign shows :) Heard about this product and blagged a few metres to try out, and was very impressed, as i've always been cautious of such products looking 'tacky'!

In my own time i've done various bits on friends cars, some evolution rear spoilers, and a few bits on a fiat 500.....and there all happy bunnys!!

I'm looking on ebay for a set of e46 dash trims to cover (pref smooth ones eg wood effect) then i'll post the results up.

Anyway sorry for waffling on...thanks for the positive comments and i'm glad you like the pics :)

#17 ·
Zigourney, joking aside, if you are able to remove your trim (easy, but you need to disconnect the battery for the airbag, and leave it disconected until its back together) post it to me and i will cover it for you, just cover the postage costs.
As i'm keen to get peeps feedback on this stuff and would love to do more of it :)

#18 ·
Bit of a thread revival here, the wrap looks awesomeand just what I need for the steering wheel and also my interior door handles as they are scratched really badly.

Is it more difficult to do on carbon cube due to it being textured and where can I get some from to have a go?

Cheers,

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.