BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 E46 325ci Rubber or plastic lip spoiler?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  phil angel 
#1 ·
Afternoon All,

I am after a boot lip spoiler for my E46 coupe. I know that there are mainly two options out there - a rubbery type of material (cheaper) and the harder plastic more similar to OEM part.

My question is, how rubbery is the rubbery one!?! ..........if you see what I mean?

I can either spend £60-£70 on a rubber one supplied and painted, or spend £130 on the harder plastic ones (OEM?) for the same result?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at!?!?!:thumbsup

#2 ·
if you look at my previous posts mate i have a link to one off ebay was plastic and painted for i think 60 top quality looks great and looks oem, paint match is brill to

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks guys,

It sounds like you went with what i refer to as the 'rubbery' ones, do they flex much once its stuck down - ie, does the lip bit feel stiffer once it's fixed in position?

From what I read in Psy's thread they can't be faulted for 40 odd quid?

#10 ·
There's no way it's moving anywhere Dan!
It's stuck hard and there is no flex on that axis.

As fingz999 says, you can even close the boot if you want - no movement at all.

Post photos when you get it on! :D

Psy

#5 ·
no flexing at all once on the car ive even shut the boot holding it flexs side to side before you put it on but thats it once its in position parked next to a mtec 3 series the other week and the only difference was that his was blakc mine was silver

#12 ·
Hello all,

Right, my spoiler has arrived from the ebay seller - e.auto.bay2008. I'm very pleased with it, the colour match is superb and I can't belive I got it for under £40.00!!

It has two sticky strips running along the length of the spoiler, presumably these are all that's needed to ensure it is stuck on firmly?

Would a little wipe with some adhesive remover or alcohol help first?

Cheers!!

Dan :thumbsup

#13 ·
hi dan, i got one of these for my 325, excellent product for the price and the paint match was spot on.
one word of advice.... clean the area where the spoiler sits on the bootlid very lightly with t cut, this will remove any wax or polish in the area and you will get a better bond to the paintwork. also make sure it is positioned correctly before even thinking about removeing the backing strips from the adhesive pads as once it's stuck it's there to stay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.