Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Crossed off a few more jobs off my list over the long weekend and today....well two, a proper detail and color coding.

First job was the colour coding which I think improves the car no end (I think it will look better once I have my black grills and number plate surrounds). It wasn't too much of a pain and the halford paint is a pretty good match.

After the car trim had been put back on, I then set about giving it a good old scrub because it was looking a bt worse for wear. After it was washed and dried with a chamois I broke out the Bilt Hamber Autoclay - I couldn't believe how much skank came off the paint work (I didn't have a camera with me beacuse the other half was out and had nicked it). The paint is now perfectly smooth and just seems to have a bit more depth.

After that it was polished with Auto Glym SRP and sealed with Auto Glym EGP. Once the EGP was dry I buffed the paint and waxed it with Poor Boys Natty Wax. I am serously impressed with this wax, it was so eay to apply and buff up. It was the first time that I have used a hard wax - I can't see me going back to liquid waxes now.

Here are some pics now that its all done;

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    chewedpencil's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i Compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Very tidy car that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chewedpencil For This Useful Post:

sam_c (01-09-2010)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    looking real cool sam nice job you done there wish i had your leather whats next then mate?
    love life as much as your car

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goughy For This Useful Post:

sam_c (01-09-2010)

7. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    rockape's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    nice work bud bh clay is the dogs
    next time, for a deeper clean and a little extra gloss. use a paint cleaner after claying, my favourite dodo juice lime prime.
    leaves the paint slick, glossy and squeeky clean. will also polish out any light marring left from claying hth.
    Last edited by rockape; 01-09-2010 at 18:29.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rockape For This Useful Post:

sam_c (01-09-2010)

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    looking real cool sam nice job you done there wish i had your leather whats next then mate?
    Cheers mate - am pretty pleased with it. The leather is noce and still in pretty good nick bearing in mind the car will be 9 years old in December and has done 110k.

Next up is the black grills (just bought off e-bay), then some new plates as the front one is a bit manky now. Thinking that I will also add some plate surrounds as the front plate seems to blend in to all the silver now. After that, I'm not so sure really - guess it will be time to start saving for a deposit on a 330. Have you got much planned for yours?

Rockape - that is one thing that I should have done with hindsight. Will get some for the car's next big clean in the spring. Am really happy with the finish of the Natty's wax - will be interesting to see how long it lasts for.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    Cheers mate - am pretty pleased with it. The leather is noce and still in pretty good nick bearing in mind the car will be 9 years old in December and has done 110k.

Next up is the black grills (just bought off e-bay), then some new plates as the front one is a bit manky now. Thinking that I will also add some plate surrounds as the front plate seems to blend in to all the silver now. After that, I'm not so sure really - guess it will be time to start saving for a deposit on a 330. Have you got much planned for yours?

Rockape - that is one thing that I should have done with hindsight. Will get some for the car's next big clean in the spring. Am really happy with the finish of the Natty's wax - will be interesting to see how long it lasts for.
    i want to do loads mate, but money is tight so just a list at the moment but i want new wheels mv1's or 2's lower it, roof spoiler, window tints, etc etc etc on a pluss side ive got a pioneer sterio whitch will be in by the weekend will post pics when done, also going to spray my grill ether black or colour code it, what do you think?

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    i want to do loads mate, but money is tight so just a list at the moment but i want new wheels mv1's or 2's lower it, roof spoiler, window tints, etc etc etc on a pluss side ive got a pioneer sterio whitch will be in by the weekend will post pics when done, also going to spray my grill ether black or colour code it, what do you think?
    If I don't change mine next year (can't decide what to do - chop it in for a 330 coupe or a hot hatch of some sort like a Megane R26, Focus ST3 or Mk IV R32), I want to lower mine, Simota indction kit and possibly subtle window tints and maybe some other bits to the interior like a set of ali M pedals.

I personally would paint your grills black as it makes the front end look a bit meaner. It would look sweet with some bigger wheels and lowered slightly.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    goughy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_c View Post
    If I don't change mine next year (can't decide what to do - chop it in for a 330 coupe or a hot hatch of some sort like a Megane R26, Focus ST3 or Mk IV R32), I want to lower mine, Simota indction kit and possibly subtle window tints and maybe some other bits to the interior like a set of ali M pedals.

I personally would paint your grills black as it makes the front end look a bit meaner. It would look sweet with some bigger wheels and lowered slightly.
    ye need some wheels i will do my grills black then for now refurb my wheels oh ye and i want some angel lights, our cars look prity simulare other than mines an oil burner and yours is a beast dont get rid mate you will regret it

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    I should really buy a diesel, but I like the sound of my straight 6 too much! Your car looks ace for the miles that its done.

I've got to say that I am really torn about what to do - on one hand I think its better the devil I know and for not much it could really be sorted (lowered, induction kit, black chrome alloy refurb etc). On the other I'm quite tempted by a 330 (drove an E90 today and it was pretty darn impressive). One of the guys I work with has just bought a Focus ST - it sounds ace and is much nicer inside tha I thought. My big issue is that I do quite a few miles, so need to balance something that won't cost too much in repairs (rules out the M3), is reasonably comfy but fun to drive, sounds nice etc. Hence why I'm drawn to the 330. I like the Megane R26, but the interior is sh*te!

If I do change, it won't be until next year so at least I can enjoy the work that I've put into the car.