BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000(X) E46 2 door interior parts

Tags
2000x
873 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  6string 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for some new inner door handles, gear & handbrake gaiters and gear gaiter frame for the above car.
There are plenty around, but I just want to ask if all 2 door E46 have the same fitting?

I don't really want to strip it all out to check part numbers first if I can help it because I use the car daily, but I will if I have to. I'd rather get all the new parts together and just go & get the job done, but of course I don't want to buy parts that won't fit.

So will these parts from any 2 door E46 1999-2005 fit my car?

#4 ·
no problem,

if you dont mind me asking, why are you changing them? are they broken or just scratched?

Because to save you some money and time you could vinyl wrap them any colour if they are just scratched

could do all the bits

#5 ·
Yeh they are just old & scratched. I'm pretty crap with that kind of stuff tho, unless I can send them off somewhere to have them covered?

The gaitors and the centre colsole I can get for peanuts, but the arm rests are the main things that are letting down the interior. If they can be covered, that would be cool..

#6 ·
yes, there are places that will do it for you,

have a look about for vinyl wrapping companies. obviously they will charge you for it, but if its less that you can get them for, it would be good,

Just bare in mind that you can get sheets of vinyl to do your self probably enough to do both arm rests for under £30

#7 ·
Hi, a belated thanks for this reply :)

I found a company called shady carbons. They do a really cool looking black gloss carbon fibre covering, they can cover all the dash trim & armrest trim if I send them the parts, so I'm going to get a quote.
I'm thinking to do that, but have the gear/electric windows trim & steering wheel trim done in dark grey metallic (the gearknob is this colour and it looks great). Just hoping it doesn't look too 'pick n mix'.

I have pretty much knackered the interior now carrying my music gear around in it, but I'm getting a van in a couple of weeks, so I can then take my time and put the car right. Got a great set of replacement seats & door cards turning up tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.