2000 E46 330 - E46 Sport replica bumper - anyone bought one? - Page 5

Notices

Thread: 2000 E46 330 - E46 Sport replica bumper - anyone bought one?

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    SootE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Midlands - Brisbane - Midlands (again) - Brisbane (yet again)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1975mattman View Post
    Hi SootE46. Wish i had seen your post sooner. I have also recently purchased the same bumper as you also from the same ebay seller. Luckily in my case i know the guy in the bodyshop and he recommended fitting it to check how good it is first. (Unluckily my auction finished at a higher prioce than yours). Mine has exactly the same problems as yours. The humps in the top edge, the fact that it is quite a bit wider than the car. My local BMW dealer suggested it has been sized as for the M3 as that is wider due to bigger wings. I have now had to open a papypal dispute aswell due to the seller not responding to my emails. I sent them in english and german (big thanks to BABEL FISH translation site). I am now waiting to see what paypal/ ebay can do to reslove it for me. If it helps your case you are welcome to quote my username (it's same on here as ebay) as being another frustrated customer. How is your dispute going ? any indication what the outcome might be ? I (luckily) took photos of it on the car showing how out of shape it is.
    Hi bud,
    I escalated my dispute, as like you, the seller did not respond to any e-mails. However, yesterday I had an e-mail from him (not via Paypal) to say he'd shipped the correct bumper to me and if I could cancel the dispute once I was satisfied it fitted correctly. Whether it's painted or not remains to be seen as this was my bone of contention with him.
    It's weird he doesn't use the Paypal resolution forum to mail back, there's only 3 days to go for him to reply to me through there otherwise I win by default.
    Will keep you all posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. New one to be posted. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    1975mattman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325I SPORT
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MANUAL
    Car Body Type:
    SALOON

Thanks
    Hi Soot,
    Good news it seems like you are getting somewhere with it. When you say "three days to go or you win by default" what does that mean ? Never had to do a dispute before, do you get your money back then ? Do you have to return the old bumper to him once you are satisfied with the replacement one ? If not you could sell it as fitting an M3 and get your painting costs back at least.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    SootE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi Soot,
    Good news it seems like you are getting somewhere with it. When you say "three days to go or you win by default" what does that mean ? Never had to do a dispute before, do you get your money back then ? Do you have to return the old bumper to him once you are satisfied with the replacement one ? If not you could sell it as fitting an M3 and get your painting costs back at least.
    Ok then! This is just getting weirder and weirder. I've had a delivery of the replacement bumper..... and it looks like it's an M3 replica to me, and it's not painted anyway.
    If you look at the photo's it is narrower than the original one sent and probably will fit, but I'm not paying out again for paint especially for when it's for something I don't really want.
    As my wife keeps saying to me about stuff I buy "Cheap isn't always best", and god damn it when will I listen?
    As for doing a Paypal dispute, it has to run for at least 10 days before you can escalate it to a claim, the other party then has 10 days to reply to the claim or you win the dispute by default, which is all well and good providing the other part has funds in their account otherwise you may get naff all! If you have any queries on escalating a claim just read up on the Paypal website as it's quite easy really.

As for me, the saga continues.......

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325I SPORT
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MANUAL
    Car Body Type:
    SALOON

Thanks
    Cheers for update. The only contact the seller has made to me is to ask me to leave him positive feedback !? No acknowledgement of the dispute at all.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    SootE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Cheers for update. The only contact the seller has made to me is to ask me to leave him positive feedback !? No acknowledgement of the dispute at all.
    Paypal have today settled in my favour for a refund, which, is all well and good but I'm left with one bumper that won't fit and one that I didn't even ask for.

Whether I get any refund remains to be seen as I got the usual 'If the seller has any available funds in their account' gumpf, which usually means you get nothing.

Where to from here with all these bumpers?

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    SootE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SootE46 View Post
    Paypal have today settled in my favour for a refund, which, is all well and good but I'm left with one bumper that won't fit and one that I didn't even ask for.

Whether I get any refund remains to be seen as I got the usual 'If the seller has any available funds in their account' gumpf, which usually means you get nothing.

Where to from here with all these bumpers?
    Hurrah!!!!!
    Money has been refunded to me! Yay! The system works! lol

Should I get the M3 style one painted now and fit it? Or sell it on? I also have no idea what to do with the bumper that's too wide?

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    binman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SootE46 View Post
    Hurrah!!!!!
    Money has been refunded to me! Yay! The system works! lol

Should I get the M3 style one painted now and fit it? Or sell it on? I also have no idea what to do with the bumper that's too wide?
    Nice one glad you got your money back, has the seller requested you send either of them back????????

If you do fit the M3 type one make sure you do a test fit before getting it painted

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Joe316's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Its nice to hear a happy story at the end of something like this when sellers are pains!!!!

tbh youve had so much hassle with them, sell them both. get as much money as you can from them and decide on what to do with that spare cash. Like your partner said cheap isnt best. Even if the product quality is good, like youve experianced customer service is dog!!!
    None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    kevz65's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i E92
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Damn, that sucks for you....glad you got it sorted now...put me right of buying from ebay now lol

11. Paypal problem update. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325I SPORT
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MANUAL
    Car Body Type:
    SALOON

Thanks
    Hi SOOTE46.
    Glad to hear that you have got it all sorted out and got a refund finally. Makes me feel more positive about my own situation. Finally got a response from seller (via ebay) on the final day of the dispute to say that they would call me "to rectify the problem" - they DIDN'T.
    I had originally asked for a replacement but after seeing yours have decided not to as would not be any use to me either. At the end of the tenth day i have changed my dispute to a claim and asked for full refund instead. Have i done that correctly ? I went into my dispute on ebay and emailed customer support requesting it be changed to a dispute ?
    Did you refund include the postage costs as well ? Do you have to return the bumpers to the seller ? if not i'd advise sell both and buy original item if you can find one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast