Model of Car:
    328i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    speaking as someone who works for an MOT centre and whos father in law is also a tester.

ANY headlight configuration will pass an MOT.... if the beam has a correct spread and cut off, is also alligned correctly and is no other colour than white or a number of variations (shades) i.e not blue, for example HIDS retrofitted to OEM H/L but with blue sidelights or blue angel eyes would fail, same setup with white sidelights or angel eyes would pass.

the common practice for the OEM H/L HID upgrade is to fit a shroud that redefines the beam pattern - however this is not always the case.

in summary, no matter what you do to the headlight aslong as there are no sharp edges, all the functions work (main, dip and sidelight) and the cut off and spread & allignment are correct it will pass. this however has NO reflection on the legal side. an MOT tester's sole role is to check the car is safe and is in accordance with VOSA's guidelines.

a good example being, i can pass a car that has 0.1m tread on the furthest part of the tread marker if there is sufficient tread on the rest of the tyre - the driver (with a fresh MOT) could be stopped just outside and recieve 3 points for an illegal tyre - just becasue it passed an MOT DOES NOT MAKE IT LEGAL.
    1997 E36 328i /// M Sport Coupe

Full M3 kit, BBS RC042 rims (245/40/17 rear 225/45/17 front)
    Lowered all round (SPAX RS), Strut Brace, Filter, Sports Interior and a thumping stereo
    Live it, Love it, Drive it!!!!!!

"People who said Torque is cheap, must have sponsorship!!!!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigman_328i_sport For This Useful Post:

Joe9087 (29-07-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Joe9087's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Cheers for the confirmation, I think it's easy to assume that if something's illegal it won't pass an MOT but it's not always the case, especially when it comes to lights.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    asif_w's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Man....guys come on...as Will Smith & Martin Lawrence would say in Bad Boys (sorry Bad Boys 2, better correct it in case someone starts on me lol)... "woooosaaaa" ...lol.

Please oh please don't start arguing etc. :(
    Debating yeah that's fine, providing relevant info. that's fine. But I dnt wanna see you guys think bad of each other or fall out & start arguing bcoz of me & my post, its not worth it.

I would like to thank you on the comments tho & trying to make your point.
    End of the day, we're all BM drivas tryna help each other, some more than others & we're human, we get carried away in the game of one upmanship lol.

Aaanywho, make up, coz ur both legends in ur own rights.
    Thought I'd come on & give an update but seen all this, as my m8 wud say, duuuuuddes chiiillll lol.

My Update: Received the lights the other day. M8's wedns over now so will finally have some time to get them all connected, yaaaay. Pics will follow as soon as

Oh & vauxfan...phew got a bit a piece of mind the equipments ok etc & that others have got them from them too lol. The companies quite gud, great servc & info from the guys. Would definitely recommend them to others if any1s looking for some Angel Eyes.
    ...Only a BM driva can knw what a BM is all about... and how to drive a BM, like a BM should be driven...

"We have learned to be citizens of the world, members of the human community" (Franklin D. Roosevelt).

...BIMMERFORUMS LADS = LEGENDS !!!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    asif_w's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Woooohoooo guys

Installed the lights today & omg she looks amazin. Thanks so so so much 4 all the help & advice guys, legends. Tried takin pics but ws lil dark & lights r bright so pics came out quite pooish lol, so will try again tomorrow wen theres a lil daylight lol.

Not fully installed yet tho, havent connected the remote wire :(
    Can any1 help with this? I have no idea how I can run it inside :(
    Theres usually a rubber gromet type ting in the engine bay tht u can remove & run wires thru etc but cudnt see 1 on my baby :(
    After installing, tidying up wires & having a cheeser from ear to ear I realised ders no way I can get the remote wire inside, which did take da buzz awy a lil bt nt that much lol.

Any help with this would be much appreciated guys.

But once again, thanks for aaall the help & advice you have given so far, really do appreciate it, wouldnt have had the confidence 2 do it if I never had you guys around...LEGENDS!!!
    ...Only a BM driva can knw what a BM is all about... and how to drive a BM, like a BM should be driven...

"We have learned to be citizens of the world, members of the human community" (Franklin D. Roosevelt).

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    Thanks
    hello mate,

well done glad they look good,

to get the remote wire inside,

if you remove the driverside glove box, open it i belive two screws hold it in along the top edge, pull it out.

under the bonnet at the back on the driverside, the little compartment with all the gubbins in, that i think is to do with brakes
    you can see just about in the top left of my pic i have attached

if you pull the rubber seal off of the plastic divder bit, and remove the plastic on the edge closet to the wing it makes it alot easier,

you can reach you hand round and find the grommet into the cabin,

its the type with three cones on, you have to get a pair of sidecutters in to snip the top off one,

thread you remote on wire through, peak (with a tourch) in through the drivers glove box you removed and you should be able to see your remote on wire,

wireing up to the foot well light is dead easy as it is just there and you can do it all through the glovebox

the wireing is pretty easy, so i assume you know how to do that,

if you want me to run out and take some photos i can let me know mate
    Attached Images

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    asif_w's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hey guys,

All done Fully working & wired up muhahahaha, so chuffed

I took the glove box out, removed the DME box cover & right at the bottom of it is 2 openings & enough space to run wires thru into the passenger footwell. Who da man lol.

Appreciate all the help guys and sam1832, cheers for the quick reply & pic upload mate, it was something you said tht made me think hmmm mayb I could try it this way, so big thanks 2u mate, you've been a lifesaver thru out.

I've attached sum quick pics of how car looks in the daylight. Finishd the wiring then took pics straight away, in the daylight, will try taking sum later on this evening too when its a lil darka lol.

Oh & also, I've attached sum pics of how I ran the cables into passenger footwell, just in case any1 else has the same kinda aggro I did lol.

Now all I gota do is change the indicators in to clear ones or something else, upgrade bumper, attach a nice lil spoiler (thinking lip spoiler), mayb change the sideview mirrors & still contemplating the HID's, but to be honest gone of em a bit, cnt be fussed with all the aggro & potentially getting pulled every otha week. I think i'll jus have 2 find sum xenon upgrade bulbs, any recommendation so I can get the wight/bluish light? Coz these I wana do asap (great more research lol).

Once again guys, soooo many thanks on all the posts, all the replies, advice & the step by step guides...

I've said it one to many times, but will say it again, LEGENDS

(oh I forgot to say, where the brown wire is running in the pics, is where I ran the remote wire, used the brown wire (as it was stiff) to feed the remote wire thru).
    Attached Images

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    asif_w's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Oh, you'll never guess what I found...

Doh!!! Y didnt i find these before buying the ones i have now... Doh!!!
    Lol all good, I'm still over the moon lol

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    Thanks
    nice 1,

you put your remote in on the opposite side to me, i looked for ages to find somehwere that side lol

the eyes look good!!! i think they look better on the pre-facelift

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    asif_w's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Yeh I couldnt find anyway to get it to go thru in to the drivers footwell, but all good, we got there in the end

I think ur right.
    They do tend to make the pre-facelifts look a lil meaner i think

Already on eBay & other sites looking for indicators & a decent set of xenon type bulbs lol. The bulbs I have in now are bright but they give of more of a yellow glow, especially the sidelight, kind of ruins the effect, ok maybe not ruin but hinder the effect should i say lol.

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    sam1832's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertable Msport
    Thanks