318I SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi guys;

My friend borrowed my car and had an accident and it needed a new door, he replaced the door and got it spray painted but because the paint is new it doesnt match the factory paint (I Know that you wont get the factory paint exactly ) but i dont know when the car is parked up from a distance i can clearly tell that it is diffrent (my friends told me iam overreacting). Here is a picture of the car parked up, i would like to hear your views and what would you do if that was your car. I went to a garage said he can blend it for £250, others said polish the rest of the car and some said teacut the new door to wear it down.
    Last edited by mark@vorny.co.uk; 10-02-2011 at 06:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphiteDragon View Post
    Hi guys;

My friend borrowed my car and had an accident and it needed a new door, he replaced the door and got it spray painted but because the paint is new it doesnt match the factory paint (I Know that you wont get the factory paint exactly ) but i dont know when the car is parked up from a distance i can clearly tell that it is diffrent (my friends told me iam overreacting). Here is a picture of the car parked up, i would like to hear your views and what would you do if that was your car. I went to a garage said he can blend it for £250, others said polish the rest of the car and some said teacut the new door to wear it down.
    mate
    Did you mate piant the door when on the car as it looks like the shading is incorrect and also he should have asked the guy who pianted it to blend it in, if i was you i,ll give it back to him and make him pay for the correction

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Kevin Whittaker's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325iSE, E36 M3 convertible and E91 330i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Over reacting or not, it wasn't like that before. I think that your mate should take it back and get the car repainted properly. It really needs the paint to be blended into both panels either side.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    GraphiteDragon's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318I SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB328i View Post
    mate
    Did you mate piant the door when on the car as it looks like the shading is incorrect and also he should have asked the guy who pianted it to blend it in, if i was you i,ll give it back to him and make him pay for the correction
    Yeah he got the door it was silver originally and the car got his garage to paint it and everything but because he took it from them at night you couldnt tell it was bad so it was alright till the morning and i cant make him pay for it again because of some long complicated reasons

@Kevin:

The garage i went to is saying to me he will blend it in by repainting the front and back door + the wing to match the car exactly and take out two dents in the wing that was also caused in the accident for £250 i think its a good price but i was trying to see if i can avoid that cost if i could and also iam scared that he wont get the perfect blend do that side of the car will look diffrent to the rest of the car.

But as i understand you guys think that reblending it is the only option right ?

Bfuk Legend
    Car Details
    RJB328i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    350i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    2 door vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,626 Times in 4,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphiteDragon View Post
    Yeah he got the door it was silver originally and the car got his garage to paint it and everything but because he took it from them at night you couldnt tell it was bad so it was alright till the morning and i cant make him pay for it again because of some long complicated reasons

@Kevin:

The garage i went to is saying to me he will blend it in by repainting the front and back door + the wing to match the car exactly and take out two dents in the wing that was also caused in the accident for £250 i think its a good price but i was trying to see if i can avoid that cost if i could and also iam scared that he wont get the perfect blend do that side of the car will look diffrent to the rest of the car.

But as i understand you guys think that reblending it is the only option right ?
    d
    you wont notice it mate if he blends it in correctly and the price is pretty good, i think the mistake is that did the guy just painted over the sliver as this will cause the paint to shade differently, good luck mate am sure it will be sorted, if you not happy with the guys work then make sure you dont accepted it

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Kevin Whittaker's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325iSE, E36 M3 convertible and E91 330i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    The way that they are suggesting to blend in the painted area is correct, if done properly you will not be able to tell. It might seem like a lot of money, but there is a lot of work in preparing and repairing the surrounding area for paint correctly, more than painting a new door and hanging it

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    GraphiteDragon's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318I SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanks alot for your fast reply guys iam gonna go and get it done soon. I know its picky but i just dont feel right driving it like that it feels wrong in some sort of strange way :p

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GraphiteDragon For This Useful Post:

RJB328i (09-02-2011)