BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 E46 318i - mtec.front bumper,why do people say they dont fit a saloon?

3K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
hi why do people say that the 3 series coupe mtecfront bumper dosent fit the saloon? as itfits my bmw great???

#18 ·
I think it looks good :thumbsup

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what bumper will fit what, from all that I've read I'm still confused!

General thought when talking about the E46 mtech front bumpers is:
One bumper for coupe and convertible
One for saloon and touring (narrower fitment)
and......
M3 bumper will only fit M3

I've seen a couple of places where the above doesn't seem to apply though. This thread for one and I know we are talking aftermarket but this thread doesn't help to make it clear either http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f4/2000-e46-330-e46-sport-replica-bumper-anyone-t28231/

I'm not sure whether facelift/pre-facelift makes a difference or not, as I said I'm not sure of any of it now :frown

#19 ·
thanks
yeah i think it looks meaner, for agresive
but that coupe bumper i have put on the e46 is an original bmw coupe bumper,
the only placewhere it doesnt fit right is under the lights but that dont bother me atall
i think it looks good, the length of the bumper is spot on tha same,

#21 ·
After all the grief I've had trying to save a little money and getting replica bumper, I wish I'd just bought the OEM part now.

Saying that, I'm not sure coupe bumpers look good on saloons / tourings, I think it needs that black strip to look balanced.

And like others have said, I've no idea now what fits and what doesn't anymore.:confused

Well done for giving it a go though!:thumbsup

#25 ·
i think it looks fine- if thats your taste mate go for it :)

Reactions: a17hnl
#27 ·
Listen fella, I haven't got anything against you or what you have done. The way you have come with this including a separate thread that was closed by my moderator colleague, implies that you may have a service to provide which is against the forum rules. So apologies for any misunderstanding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.