BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 E46 318ci - interior colour

4K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  M4RKY N 
#1 ·
In my coupe it's looking slightly 'worn' so wouldn't mind giving it a spray paint over but don't want to spray it a different colour to what it is now. Does anyone know the colour match? Or would wrapping it look better? Was thinking of getting some carbon fibre and getting the pats wrapped, M3 look?!

I'll get some pictures of the interior later on of the colour to see if any of you lot can help me out. But it's slightly dark grey but the carpets and the seats are light grey so don't know if toning the colour down with carbon would make it look better or not?!

#4 ·
Was thinking of getting it wrapped then, wouldn't mind doing it myself but don't k ow where to get the wrapper materials from?!

#5 ·
Found major rolls of carbon fibre so waiting for that to turn up and I'll crack on with it. Not sure which parts to wrap yet so need some pictures to go off...

#6 ·
#7 ·
Yeah am gonna do all that but the steering wheel, so hopefully it turns up tomorrow and I'll get on with doing it tomorrow, should look good, fingers crossed

#8 ·
The wrap turned up today so I got this done ... Didn't take me too long really. Let me know what you think. . .

Am abit unsure about doing the door arm rest bits?! Think it might look abit too much?!

#11 ·
cheers for the opinions! am still debating the door handle arm rest parts, i want to get them done because they are the most scratched parts of the interior, but i dont want it to look too over the top. so i might just get them resprayed the same colour as the was before, but i got carbon wrap left over haha

#13 ·
Looks good mate,

the doors wont look over the top after all the sport has carbn cube on the dash and doors and looks fine

nice work mate

and thanks sam you were the person i was looking for for the guide you did, can never find it when i look though :p

MAGiK
No probs mate, hope it helped

#14 ·
Oh I might do the doors then, just don't want it looking too much. What about the steering wheel?! Not sure about that either....

#15 ·
pics of the door handles:

mine are a bit warn now and i will be wrapping the lot when i get a chance soon i think

I like the steering wheel trim, my steering wheel was a bit warn at the bottom any way, so it was either wrap or paint and i think it blends in well with the rest of carbon on the dash

#17 ·
oh the pictures are working now! am gonna wrap them up tomorrow! Just ordered enough wrap in matt black for my roof, gonna see how that goes and if i pull it off the whole car is getting done! ill find a m-tech front bumper 1st and then get it all wrapped ... maybe a business step for me :cool

#19 ·
Yeah I'll get it done inside. Am calling around next week to see if I can buy bigger rolls of the wrap. Get the whole car done, but for now the roof will have to do. I'll post up some pictures when it's done

#20 ·
Just wrapped my drivers side now. But ran out of carbon to do the other side. Oh dammmnnnnn but here's a picture anyway

#22 ·
Yeah I been looking for some on there. Am gonna call te fella that does te tinted windows for us and see who he knows

#23 ·
Just wrapped my steering wheel surround, bit fidily but came out fine...

Picture isn't too good

#25 ·
My matt black turned up today for my roof, so gonna give my roof a quick wipe down and get it fitted on tonight hopefully...

#26 ·
Well my hat is of to anyone that can wrap a whole car... Here is my roof ...

I'd get a good side then air bubbles would appear then I'd have to rip it back off again and start again, got that annoyed with it am going to get it done by the fella who tints my windows. He said £60 matt black so am going to get it booked in...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.