BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 E36 316i M3 Front Bumper Questions

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  LGB 
#1 ·
I have an M Tec front bumper on my Compact Sport, and im wondering if the M3 Splitter is available to retrofit, and also the mesh style grille in the lower.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Yes all easily do-able as the bumper you have is the same as an M3 bumper.

Get the parts from BMW, the splitters on Ebay are actually more expensive & non genuine! I havn't seen the mesh grille on Ebay as of yet, but i bought both parts from BMW for my M-Tec bumper for around £65-£70 from the dealer.

Remove the bumper to fit, drill holes to fit the splitter, you'll need 5/6 large self-tapping screws & washers (i used stainless, allen-key headed ones) and 4 large plastic expanding rivets, 2 for each side underneath. (Thats how i fitted mine anyway!)

For the grill, you'll have to remove the locking star washers carefully without breaking the tabs, there is 6 of them (i think!). Then fit the new one & re-use the washers.

#4 ·
LGB said:
Get the parts from BMW, the splitters on Ebay are actually more expensive & non genuine! I havn't seen the mesh grille on Ebay as of yet, but i bought both parts from BMW for my M-Tec bumper for around £65-£70 from the dealer.
Yeah thats where I got my mesh from..still £70 odd IIRC...if you want both it may be better to keep a look out on fleabay for the entire bumper with trim etc...as they often go for around £100

#10 ·
bmw quoted me £40 for the mesh.... ill be buynig 1 before the remember they quoted me the wrong price by the sound of it:thumbsup

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.