2000 E36 316i compact - re-cover seats in leather pricing? - Page 2

Notices

Thread: 2000 E36 316i compact - re-cover seats in leather pricing?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    jasondd78's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    thanks m8 its the same material thats used on the leather sofas it is that immitation leather stuff lol but if you do use your old seat covers as you unstich them you will see little "v"'s cut in your old cloth make sure that you copy those to as it helps to get the patern all i did was placed the faux leather face down as its got a cotton type backing and laid my old cloth seats face down on top and drawed round them but the little "v"s are there to help the shape especialy the corners i have just finished some bench seats for my m8s mini bus to
    forgot to mention where i had the material from i got the black from dunelm mill as i was going to do all black but changed my mind lol the cream you can get from the same place but i got mine from a shop called the hole in the wall but you should be able to get it from any fabric shop to, it only took me 2 nights to do them to as threw the day im on school runs lol 3 times a day
    Last edited by jasondd78; 05-07-2010 at 15:30. Reason: forgot to add where i had it from

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Martino's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se E36
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    thats pretty quick! i thought it would take longer than that!...i might seriously giv it a go, thanks for the help and info on the little v's, how hard was it to remove the old cloth from your seats?...it seems pretty well in the sides to me lol!!...you have to completly remove the seats out of the car im guessing?

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    jasondd78's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    hi i should imagine the seats are near enought the same i had to buy new clips for the front seat bases as when you pull them off they snap. both front seats if you lift them forwards at the bottom there are 2 screws each side, remove the seat lift clips at the gently prise off with a flat screw driver slide out the headrests and lift the back cover of the seats and unclip the material fold it forwards once loose and you will see little round steal clips crimped togther use long nose plires and they twist open but also remember what bars went where as they have to be sewed on to the back seat base has loads of the round clips and the backrests clip over into a metal frame round the seat and theres round slips and bars in there to

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Martino's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i se E36
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    just got a quote from a trimmers place near me.....£1200 :-o i think i might giv it a pop myself haha!!!! or maybe look into buying new seats or some other alternative!....looking at recovering them myself the only thing thats baffling me are the head rests.....how do you finish them? seems you finish them when there like on? is that correct!

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    jasondd78's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    hi m8 with the head rests if you turn them up side dow you can see where they clip in use flat blade screw driver to pop them open take them off and turn them inside out also stich them inside out to they are easyer than they look tbh

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    beema's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    This looks brilliant. I think I may try this myself