Model of Car:
    325se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    touring
    Thanks
    i agree with the poor paint job post ,,not enough paint on car , or not enough sanding , any way you look at it for that dosh should be the dogs
    dave,s got loads to do on his car :

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfection Detailing View Post
    They have got to sort it out at the end of the day especially having charged £3,500

Or as said have somon else (another bodyshop) inspect the car and get them to write a detailed report with the price to put the car right and give it to them

I have an excellent bodyshop down near me that do all my work and my customers but a bit far away for you lol..
    yeah just a bit, there are some good ones up here , one of the mates is one of the best but it wasnt one of the choices given by the guys insurers, i had a m2 golf gti resprayed back in 2000 for well under a grand and it was believe it or not one of the best resprays i have seen , another bodyshop i used up here was when caught a bollard in my taxi brand new car basiclly the whole passenger side was done and i really couldnt fault that either. so do you guys recon that even though the car is now in my name that the warranty should be transferable,,,,even though i did kinda made out i was that mate who had it done when i went over

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    omg i am getting annoyed now lol, i have a course to do tomoorow then i am going back over, things is how would they get rid of silicones and swirls in reality, i have never heard of anywhere getting out silicones with a buffer and cutting compound as thats in the lacquer or paint , what makes it worse is the mate paid extra on top of his excess to have the underside front bonnet done too as it was just starting to bubble as they said they were not touching that even though the had the doors boot and bonnet off to do the respray, sounds to me like they were ex employees of billy smarts circus,

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Kevin Whittaker's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325iSE, E36 M3 convertible and E91 330i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    You can name and shame the outfit that ripped you off on here if you like, at least that way other users of the forum can learn from your unfortunate experience. And if they repair it to your satisfaction then please post up your progress. It's good to know who to and not to use in these sort of instances

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Whittaker For This Useful Post:

dave16v (26-11-2009)

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    , Arnold Clark bodyshop, Menzies Road Aberdeen, i had a similar experience with Vauxhalls bodyshop JM in Aberdeen believe it or not they stole ..sorry lost expensive piaa bulbs £120s worth and made a pigs ear of a spray job they done for me, got my money back or the bulbs though, one garage i highly recommend up here is Kintore Autobody the guy is one of the best also Steves autobody he did my golf and did a cracking job flawless, i know everyone always says you get what you pay for but it aint always the case these smaller bodyshops have a reputation to keep and usually do a good job, one other thing if they do replace my glass sorry i meant to say when they do ( every one) how much would it roughly cost them, i wont except any other glass other than bmw logoed glass

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    dave16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    2.3i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    am well chuffed am getting my car fully resprayed again free of charge, after the first respray which cost 3500 am well chuffed but they had better get it bang on this time, looked good enough but i did noticed some picky bits so they have agreed to fully respray it at no cost ,,was gonna drop it off today but couldnt assure me that it would be finished for xmas so have booked it in for 11th jan 2010

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Perfection Detailing's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    N/A
    Year of Manufacture:
    N/A
    Transmission Type:
    N/A
    Car Body Type:
    N/A

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave16v View Post
    am well chuffed am getting my car fully resprayed again free of charge, after the first respray which cost 3500 am well chuffed but they had better get it bang on this time, looked good enough but i did noticed some picky bits so they have agreed to fully respray it at no cost ,,was gonna drop it off today but couldnt assure me that it would be finished for xmas so have booked it in for 11th jan 2010
    Thats good news mate hopfuly they will do a proper job this time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12